A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   
O   P

Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z   #

dreambible.com • View topic - Dreaming of loved ones

Dreaming of loved ones

Get your dreams interpreted or talk about anything related to dreams. Someone will be around to help you.

Dreaming of loved ones

Postby Firedrake on October 29th, 2012, 8:22 pm

Hi guys I'm new here, I was searching why I dream of people I care about and this was one of the results so I thought who better to ask :)

I have dreams every now and then, when people I love don't keep in touch, or just before they get back in touch.

I had one last night, it wasn't very clear, but basically someone I used to want to be involved with, who is now like a brother to me, hasn't been in touch for about a week and last night he came to me in a dream, but different to how he normally does. (for ease of understanding I'll call him X) It wasn't in a good way, it was in competition with a current love interest, who in my dream was doing the things I want him to in real life. Telling me he does care, and that it isn't right just now but it will be ok for us later on.
X had changed physically from how I knew him previously, and wasn't giving off the friendly loving feeling he usually does when I meet him this way.

In real life, he has been distant, irritable and impatient, which is uncharacteristic of him, is my dream just a reflection of this?

I also had a dream last week of being chased and shot at, as a man, I knew something I shouldn't and people who looked like secret service or special ops were trying to kill me. I got my family killed, and each time my two girls and my wife were shot in the head, I was in their body experiencing the shot. As the man I was shot several times in the stomach, I took a quad bike and raced across the property, there was a helicopter chasing me, two men in it were shooting at me until I let the bike plunge into a swimming pool after I jumped from it and played dead on the road.
I distinctly remember it being at night, the pool was lit from below and the guys in the copter said something to each other and laughed before they took off and left me. Then the dream reset and I woke up. Of course there are bits in between all that happening that I either don't remember or are out of place that I can't add because I forget the sequence.

The only thing I can think of for this second dream, is that my partner and his friends were playing Modern Warfare in the lounge while I was asleep, the sound of the guns got into my sleep and created this dream. The whole time I was being chased I wasn't afraid, I wasn't scared of dying but I was upset about my family, and that it was my fault they were dead. But I still have no idea what it was I supposedly knew that got them killed.

I have very active dreams, never lucid, but always active and very real. I usually remember them after i wake for a long time. It keeps me from sleeping well, is there a way to tone down the dreams so I can get some decent sleep? My dreams are always very emotionally draining, I feel pain, I smell things, I hear things, I see alot, I feel emotions and I feel everything coming from other people, I talk to other people about them and nobody else I know has such vivid memories of their dreams, most people can barely remember them at all, yet I seem to experience it all as a memory like these things really happened to me. I still remember dreams from years ago that I'm still not sure about whether they were real or not. Often full of intense emotions, I wake up crying or in pain or distress, but they are not nightmares, I am not afraid of them or anything in my dreams, they do not wake me through fear, and quite often I don't intend to wake up when I do, I try to hang on for as long as possible to see how it ends, even if it's unpleasant or uncomfortable.

Thoughts?
Firedrake
Dream Lover

Re: Dreaming of loved ones

Postby daeryk on October 29th, 2012, 10:53 pm

Dreams are symbolic reflections of our thoughts or emotional state. Often times they can also be intuitive. If you are dreaming of people you haven't seen a long time and then they show up shortly after I'd consider the possibility that these dreams are intuitive warning dreams. The one person being totally out of character shortly after dreaming of them is a perfect example of an intuitive dream and probably a sign that you shouldn't allow any negative behaviour from them to influence you.

People in dreams usually symbolize aspects of ourselves based on most powerful feelings about them or our projection of them if we are having experiences with them in waking life.

Chasing in a dream is a sign that you are avoiding a problem or trying very hard to escape trouble. Death in a dream like yours is often a sign that you are experiencing negative changes or failure of some kind.
daeryk
Dream Guide

Re: Dreaming of loved ones

Postby xoxwillowxox33 on October 30th, 2012, 11:07 am

I feel that you may have been at odds with yourself over a descision or over your general personality ... You may be experiencing a situation where your heart is ruling your head or vica versa or you don't know which ... but I feel that you need to listen to your gut/intuition rather than either your head or heart!
xoxwillowxox33
Dream Lover

Return to General Dream Discussion