A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   
O   P

Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z   #

dreambible.com • View topic - Nightmare within a Nightmare

Nightmare within a Nightmare

Get your dreams interpreted or talk about anything related to dreams. Someone will be around to help you.

Nightmare within a Nightmare

Postby dreamer729 on March 17th, 2013, 11:35 pm

Dream: This nightmare was mostly in black and dark colors that I can't remember specifically.
I had a nightmare within a nightmare. I was catnapping so this all happened within around three hours.
Anyway, it's a bit of an epic.
I can't remember the beginning, but I remember that I was going on a family trip and I was supposed to vote for the president. They asked me who I wanted to vote for as we drove down a curvy tunnel that had stoplights on the walls. I remember thinking that was a bit cool. I didn't particularly wanted to vote for Obama or the other guy and was trying to remember the name of a libertarian who was there. I also remember feeling very creeped out in this atmosphere so I was constantly huddling together with my family members.
I can't remember more than this, except that we then went on to a tower that was a tourist attraction. The whole atmosphere was very bleak and dark, which obviously I was not fond of. The tower had slats that had holes in them and stuff. We climbed onto the roof, where there was a railing that separated one part which had a fantastic view of a beautiful sunset. My family started taking tons of pictures. What was really scary was that my cousin, ( I have two and the other one is her older sister), who had been sulky as she usually is when she's on trips decided to jump across the railing and run across to the side to look more closely at the sunset. Of course, we panicked (I don't remember if I was calm because I thought she would safely make it back), and when I shifted my eyes to the other side, I saw a girl who fell through a crack. A guy appeared on set blowing his whistle and telling her to come back immediately. Meanwhile, she was calling to my older cousin to go look at the view when suddenly I saw a large crack that I thought she might fall through. Now this girl is very well balanced and she was constantly looking at the floor as she went on so I decided not to call out because I was scared she would lose focus and fall anyway and I wasn't convinced the crack was as big as I thought it was. But then she fell. It was a weird way to fall, even I noticed that, but I was too stricken with shock and grief at that moment. The guy with the whistle sheperded us out because she was gone and there was no way she had survived that.
I can't remember in between that except when Anna (the older cousin) and I hugged each other and cried. One thing that I found was that I was afraid I wasn't going to cry and was relieved when some tears did prick my eyes. I then went to bed in a creepy hotel by myself and had a horrific nightmare which I can remember involved a creature with a cape who was constantly after me and viewing something graphic and disturbing including lots of...blood. I struggled to wake up the entire time because during the nightmare within the nightmare, I was lucid. When I finally did, I ran to my grandparents' room and told them the dream, and they told me something that went along...'Maybe you weren't used to the new bangs on your forehead...' and I looked in the mirror to find that I did have new bangs, though I don't have any in real life. My grandma was doing something with her hair and my grandpa was cutting his bangs. They themselves were very vivid and comforting although their room in the background was creepy.

And then I woke up. Any thoughts? I'm scared this dream will repeat itself as some of my nightmares do, but with different people and slightly different details.

Significant Life Events: My friend was revealed to be cutting herself and I was feeling put-down because my writing seemed subpar to a couple others I know. Furthermore, I feel a bit unloved compared to others which has been a common feeling in my life. I think I have a little bit of paranoia, which I just realized recently, about how others view me, in which I take things much too seriously. My grades in school have been dropping. And I've been spending all-nighters although I don't know if that's a cause or not. I'm also scared of going to sleep because of nightmares.

Background: 16, female, Asian, unemployed although I fancy myself a writer.

Mental Illness Or Depression: I have semi-depression. Well, I'm not sure if I'm depressed or not although sometimes I experience the world as if it's not real.

Feelings About People: Older Cousin (Anna): I love Anna and my current relationship with her is good. She recently moved further away although she didn't want to, and I'm okay with that.
Younger Cousin (Linda): Relationship is good although sometimes I feel awkward around her and am frustrated by her sulkiness. I love her.
Grandma: Love her although in the past I had hated her because she was quick to judge. She is a writer and supports my writing.
Grandpa: Love and he again, supports my writing although I'd almost say that he'd push me a little bit too much.

Relationship Status: single

When And How Often: I was taking a nap before doing homework, and expecting it to last twenty minutes. Also after volunteering at the Animal Shelter.
dreamer729
Dream Lover

Return to General Dream Discussion