A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   
O   P

Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z   #

dreambible.com • View topic - Old memories coming to life in a way

Old memories coming to life in a way

Get your dreams interpreted or talk about anything related to dreams. Someone will be around to help you.

Old memories coming to life in a way

Postby dreamer58040 on March 19th, 2021, 11:01 pm

Dream: The dream begins with my mom, all three of my younger siblings, and my stepdad (who divorced from my mom a year ago, btw.) in my family’s current SUV. I was seated in the second row of the SUV with my mom driving, my stepdad in the passenger seat, the youngest of us four seated beside me, and the other two siblings seated in the third row - right behind me. We were all just laughing and conversing animatedly - having a nice familial moment of casual joy. I’m pretty sure we were heading to the agricultural side of our state, because I recall us passing by fields and fields of crops and flowers as we kept going.
But then - I don’t remember how the transition happens - but all of a sudden, I find myself seated alone in a path between a bunch of trees. It looked like the rows of pinetrees that would line my childhood neighborhood. It was nighttime, and I remember being really scared. I stood up, though, and I began trekking down the path - trembling. The view was all the same as I walked down - except for far-away views of old, abandoned buildings that appeared from time to time between the trees. However, the trembles went away eventually as I walked and morning came - and there were only views of fields of crops and grasses and flowers between the trees.
I bumped into my mother who was animatedly talking to a random farmer (a woman) who was holding a red hen - one that couldn’t stop clucking. My mom turned to look at me and smiled before handing me four eggs. She told me they were organic and to take them home. I remember nodding and my mom giving me a kiss on the forehead before I continued down the path with the eggs in hand. I was softly humming to myself during the trek.
Eventually, the humming evolved into me reciting random dialogue to myself - it’s dialogue I’m coming up with for the fan fiction I’m currently working on irl. Something I should probably note is that this fanfic is a bit self-indulgent and a bit of self-projection - it’s heavily based on my real life experience in the theatre department of my university. Back to the dream - I remember getting giddy as new ideas of dialogue popped up, and, eventually, the dialogue evolved into me talking animatedly to myself about my friends from the theatre - who I haven’t seen since the COVID lockdown in March 2020. It was all good stuff I was saying, and I remember feeling a sense of fondness.
Then, in the midst of my self-rambling about my friends, a street becomes visible at the end of the path. But as I walk towards it, I’m passing by a fenced patch of green, glimmering grass. The fence was one of those wire ones. I looked in and I saw my friend - let’s call him “Fulano”. Fulano was sitting in the middle of the grass field with his eyes closed and his legs crossed - very meditative in a way. He was holding one of those big nets that look like the ones from Animal Crossing. I remember getting really excited and running up the fence - waving frantically and yelling his name. The hand I was waving with was holding one of the eggs while my other arm was across my chest holding the other three. He opened his eyes, looked at me, and smiled as he waved back.
We had one of those long distance convos of sorts - the ones where you’re far away from the other person and you’re both kinda yelling your responses to each other. I remember the first thing I told him - “Long time, no see!!! How have you been!!?” - as well as how I felt - I felt lots of joy and relief of sorts. Eventually, in the middle of it all, he stood up - leaving behind the net - and got closer to the fence so that we can converse with more ease. I still felt the same - joy and relief. Eventually, I told him that I had to go. I bid him farewell and headed to cross the street.
However, in the middle of the street, I noticed two things:
One - the street was the street that was right next to my childhood neighborhood. It was a trailer park with those trailers that looked like mini houses. My childhood home was a particularly big trailer with three rooms and two bathrooms included in it. (A few extra notes: I lived the entirety of the first twelve years of my life in this trailer. I was raised by my grandparents, and the trailer belonged to my grandparents. They sold it late 2019 irl.)
Two - Fulano somehow left the fenced field of grass and was right behind me.
I remember feeling flustered at that moment. I also remember feeling a bit pissed at Fulano and wanting to tell him off - to go away. But something held me back, and instead I remember telling him “We’re going to my house. You sure you want to come along?” He nodded silently and we just proceeded to finish crossing the street - heading to the trailer.
On the porch of the trailer, we were stopped by the front door neighbor - let’s call her Doña Nina. She greeted me very sweetly and held some small talk with me before noticing Fulano and inquiring me about him. I remember feeling some heat creeping up my face as I introduced him to her and emphasized that he was a friend. I remember that I was stuttering and tumbling on my words as I spoke. Meanwhile, Fulano greeted her and waved. She eyed him for a bit before bidding us both farewell and leaving.
After she left, I remember trying to reach out to open the door to the trailer when the two eggs in my outstretched hand broke. I remember freaking out and keeping my hand clenched so as to avoid the egg from leaking out of it. I frantically told Fulano to open the door, to which he responded that he couldn’t. A little argument occurred between us before he finally explained that he needed the key, to which I angrily responded “Just get it from my pocket!” However, at that moment, it appeared on a lanyard around my neck - which he removed to unlock the door.
As soon as the door opened, I sprinted to the kitchen where there was a bowl at the ready. I poured in the eggs that broke in my hand (The eggshells were somehow perfectly split in half) before throwing away their shells. I then cracked open the other two and poured them into the bowl as well before turning on a stove with a frying pan into which I poured the eggs. As this all happened, Fulano tells me that he finds a note from my grandma saying that she went out for a bit.
At that moment, my second youngest sibling comes in - but not in his current age. He looked like himself when he was five - and for some reason, his hair was not only floor length but styled messily like Steve Tyler’s. He tells me that he pooped himself, and I remember feeling very upset. I remember telling him that he knows the drill, to which he responded by removing his pants and heading to the bathroom. I follow behind him - and Fulano followed behind me. Now here’s a weird note - instead of looking like the trailer’s bathrooms, the bathroom looked like one from my current home. Back to the dream - my sibling stood in the tub as I adjusted the temperature of the water of the shower head. Fulano speaks up and asks me why I don’t remove my sibling’s shirt despite him being in the tub. For some reason, I feel myself fuming and again I argue with Fulano a bit, finding dumb excuses over why I haven’t removed the shirt. Eventually, I give in and remove my sibling’s shirt before finished adjusting the temperature of the water.
That’s when I remember the eggs I left cooking and run out of the bathroom in a frenzy - only to find Doña Nina tending to the eggs already. She had a very serious expression with furrowed brows on her face. She didn’t look up from the eggs and told me and Fulano - who happened to follow me out of the bathroom - that my grandma was coming to pick me up and to wait for her from behind the trailer.
I recall feeling hesitant, because I recall from my youth how the backyard of the trailer was just a very narrow patch of grass and weeds that was used for hanging clothes to dry - and how it would best several spiders sometimes, and I have a phobia of spiders. However, Fulano and I do as she told and, instead of that patch, I find a beautiful big field of grass like the one I saw Fulano in - it was lined at the other side my a road.
Fulano and I sit together on the grass, leaning against the trailer. We begin conversing in a very soft, hush tone of voice. Eventually, I find myself thanking him for not only helping me, but also for not leaving me alone at all. I recall feeling butterflies in my tummy at that moment.
That was when I see my family’s SUV drive into the field of grass, we both get in and it’s immediately auditory chaos. The radio is turned to a Hispanic station that is loudly blaring music. My aunt is bent forward in the driver’s seat in absolute silence - her hands clenching the wheel and focusing intensely on the view in front of her. I try to introduce Fulano to my grandma - but instead she interrupts me, excitedly introduces herself to him, and tells us that we are going to McDonald’s.
As the cars moves, the view outside the window shows that we are driving through my childhood hometown. Two calls come in, each from two different phones. My grandma picks hers up and she begins gossiping to my mom. Fulano picks his up and begins talking to his mom in Spanish - explaining to her where he is and his current situation. I find myself correcting on a few things - such as the fact that my grandma is not my mom but my grandma. Something that caught my attention was that while my grandma’s attention was nothing but a mere blurb to me, I actually paid attention to Fulano’s and noticed the good things he was saying about my family and I. I remember feeling very nervous and flustered.
At that moment, my grandma turns around from the passenger seat and asks Fulano if his family would like anything from McDonald’s. He asks the question into his phone and, just as my aunt pulled up her car into the McDonald’s driveway, I wake up suddenly.

Significant Life Events: I’m currently experiencing severe burnout due to a very rough 2020 - including COVID scares (My family and I caught it quite a few times) as well barely any breaks from school (I think I only got two weeks of break excluding winter break...even in winter break I couldn’t relax due to guests in the house throughout the entire break.). The burn out is extremely bad to the point that I have to take a medical withdrawal from most of my classes this semester - and I’m afraid of how financially liable it can leave me as well as how it can affect my eligibility for financial aid.

Background: In my early 20s, Genderfluid (My pronouns are She/He/They), Hispanic, Currently unemployed university student, Autistic, Majoring in theatre design, eldest of four siblings

Mental Illness Or Depression: I do have severe anxiety and I can suffer from depression sometimes.

Feelings About People: I adore all of my family members who appear in the dream, and, honestly, I have a splendid relationship with them - even if we do squabble sometimes.
The relationship with my stepdad is a bit complicated... Let’s just the divorce happened because he betrayed my mother in a certain way. I feel a deep sense of disappointment and fury with him because of what he did - but... At the same time... I can’t help but feel affection towards him considering the fact that he was my father figure for the longest of time.
As for my friend in the dream, I view him simply as that - a friend. However, I will admit, I am a bit more naggy with him than I am with my other friends simply because of how reserved he is - he barely interacts with the other people in our surroundings and often just keeps to himself, so I kinda want to help coax him out of his shell sometimes. Our friendship is not very close but good, though he does upset me sometimes with how dense he can be - though maybe I shouldn’t be one to talk considering the fact that I’m a wee bit dense, too.
And Doña Nina - I don’t really have any outstanding feelings about her - except for maybe certain endearment. Even if I didn’t interact with her much in my youth - she still helped my family sometimes and took care of me with her husband. Ahh.. something I should note, though - She is the one who bought the trailer from my grandparents.

Relationship Status: Single as a pringle

When And How Often: This dream occurred last night, and so far, it happened only once.
dreamer58040
Dream Lover

Return to General Dream Discussion