A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   
O   P

Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z   #

dreambible.com • View topic - My late father lit crystals/diamonds on fire and put them in

My late father lit crystals/diamonds on fire and put them in

Get your dreams interpreted or talk about anything related to dreams. Someone will be around to help you.

My late father lit crystals/diamonds on fire and put them in

Postby dreamer57865 on November 19th, 2020, 5:48 pm

Dream: So. My dream. I think it was part of a longer dream but this part was the only part of the ongoing dream that I remember.

I dreamed I was at my own wedding except there wasn't a groom and I wasn't getting married. But it was a wedding celebration and I was in a wedding dress.

I think I was, vaguely, in the wedding hall where normally the bride and groom are married in front of the assembly of loved ones, except there wasn't a priest or any religious iconography or anything like that. I came in from the side of the room instead of going up the aisle. I found myself walking up to a table that looked like it was made of mirror-like crystal or glass, I was in front of a small crowd of people in chairs, including my mother.

I got the sense it wasn't the whole wedding party and there were other people doing party things, like dancing and having a good time, in another nearby ballroom.

But my father was there at the front sitting behind the glass table.

He showed me...like. He had crystals that looked like gemstones. Diamonds kind of, except they were iridescent in hue, white-light blue-periwinkle kind of shiny. He lit them, I don't remember how, but it was like he was lighting candles except he was lighting diamonds and/or crystals. They were on fire but he put one in my hand to show me. It was warm to the touch but didn't burn.

There were other people that were sitting at the table while Dad showed me this and I remember thinking I didn't recognize them and why did they think they had the right to sit up at this table during my 'wedding'.

Anywho, Dad showed me this and my dream subconscious was like.

'He got to find out all the weird Atlantis crystal secrets he believed in when he was alive were actually a thing and now he's telling you they're a thing.'

It was a very distant thought, mind you, and that might have come to me as I was waking up but I digress.

My father then got up from the table and I remember thinking he did so because it was time for the father-daughter dance that you're supposed to do at weddings. And I...feel like I danced with him but I don't remember dancing. Well, I do and I don't. When I think about it now I get flashes of it as if it's still apart of the same dream, but I didn't remember quite getting to the dance floor during the dream itself.

And...that's it.

The bit about me thinking about the Atlantis crystal stuff--again, my Dad had a few unique beliefs and it was the first thing to come to my mind because I know if he found out some sort of truth after death he'd want to tell me if he could. But, also...I know that dream symbolism could mean that the crystals mean something entirely differently. It was very specific imagery and I honestly want to know what people make of it. Having weird, specifically visual dreams like this one is actually very normal for me but I've never questioned the meaning of them before as much as I question the meaning of this dream.

Significant Life Events: My father died this past February unexpectedly. This past September my boyfriend of four years suddenly broke up with me. It came as a surprise to me because he did not communicate any dissatisfaction to me and made no attempt to talk to me about shared issues we were having. When he left for a whole month afterwards he refused to answer my calls and text messages and I was forced to pass messages and questions about how to coordinate the break up (him getting the rest of his stuff, how to split shared accounts, et cetera) on to him through a mutual friend. It left me devastated but I'm doing a lot better now.

I still have a lot of unresolved feelings about my father's death. I was very close with him and loved him, and I derived a lot of my moral compass and understanding of life from him. He was my guide in that sense and now I feel as though I'm without a guide. For a long time after his death I was preoccupied with the thought that I'd never see him again. In life my Dad was unique in that he had a few kind of new age beliefs. He believed in reincarnation, and I felt stuck feeling fearful that, if his belief in reincarnation is genuine, then he will be long gone by the time I die because he'll already be living a different life by then. I wanted to dream of him, but I've only had one dream of him (aside from this dream I'm about to describe) since his death.

My boyfriend leaving me is a different can of worms. I have a lot of mixed feelings over it. I can be negative and critical, and I feel wracked with guilt over the thought that I drove my boyfriend away from me. But I also feel incredibly hurt by the way in which he chose to break up with me, and I feel suddenly isolated because now I feel like I can't talk to some of our mutual friends who were more his friends than mine. My boyfriend didn't put in any effort for my sake at all, and looking back on our relationship it's become so much easier to see things about it where he'd been dragging me down. My boyfriend had been lazy and apathetic at times and it was occasionally a struggle to get him to help me with adult responsibilities, or to even get him to take care of himself. I always kind of viewed it in the context of how my father viewed my behavior when I was younger, because my boyfriend wanted to do nothing but play video games on the computer the minute work was over most nights. I used to be like that when I was younger and my father found this frustrating because I would neglect other, basic things like self-care or household chores. Now I feel horrible because I completely understand his frustration with me now and I can't tell him.

Right now I'm waiting for the lease to be up on my current living situation, which it will be up this coming February. Without my boyfriend in the picture I'm not free to make a decision about my own living situation independently. My father left me a lot of money through a life insurance policy and an inheritance so I'm lucky enough that it's possible for me to consider buying a house of my own sometime this spring. That's what I would like to do and I keep thinking to myself that I want to start living the life I want to live without having to make the compromises I was always making with my boyfriend and our other roommates.

I'm also, side note, playing nanny to two cats who are having ongoing drama. I own a cat I named Roman, who my father and I found in our shed a few years back. He's lovable and affectionate and he has a unique personality but he's mean to other kitties. When my father died I also inherited a cat from him called Angel. Angel was found by my grandmother under her pool deck. My Dad inherited Angel from his mother and now I have Angel. Angel is a small, sweet, shy cat and her front paws are declawed. Roman still has his claws and he has a chip on his shoulder concerning other cats and it's been a struggle trying to figure out how to arrange their living situation so that my cats can be happy.

When Angel first arrived she actually ended up hiding out in the storage room for several months. I mentioned to my boyfriend that I didn't like this situation because she's an older kitty and it's harder to monitor her wellbeing if she's hiding away behind a mountain of boxes. I wanted to move her litterbox back into our room temporarily but he complained and it always struck me that he wasn't willing to do right by the animals in our care if it meant a slight inconvenience for him.

Now that he's gone Angel is back in my room with me and she is happier and healthier. <3

Background: I'm a woman and I am 31 years of age. I am white of primarily Irish, Norwegian, and Slavic descent. I work for a school district in Maryland as tech support. At the moment I'm mostly helping parents and their kids with issues they have with computers issued to them for remote learning.

Mental Illness Or Depression: I have had severe depression for several years and have only recently started getting treatment for it. After my boyfriend broke up with me I made a series of decisions to get myself (and my cats) taken care of for my sake. I'm now on an antidepressant and I'm honestly feeling much better on a day-to-day basis. I can feel the difference if I accidentally skip a dose.

Feelings About People: I love my father deeply, and I miss him everyday. Despite this, it is rare for me to dream of him. This is only the second dream I've had of him since February. I don't know how my 'current' relationship with him is. I want him to be proud of me but I know that he thought I was 'behind the curb' maturity-wise for a long time when he was still alive. I didn't get to talk to him before he died, the last I'd talked to him was over the phone to make plans to see each other for dinner on Saturday. He died on the Friday before that Saturday.

To this day I regret it deeply. We were originally supposed to see him the weekend before that but that weekend had been the weekend of Valentine's Day and at the time I was still with my boyfriend. So I asked my Dad if we could reschedule. The next time I saw him he was braindead and my brothers left the decision to pull the plug up to me.

The only other person from the dream I recognized was my mother. My mother is still alive. I've had a very rocky relationship with her in the past. My father divorced my mother when I was about 11 because my mother can be a contentious, argumentative person and she had been making my father miserable. He tried several times to communicate and problem-solve with her but to no avail. After they divorced she competed with my father for my affection and she did and said some very petty things that hurt him deeply because she was hurt deeply.

My mother hurt my father to the point that he once told me that the day I get married would be the last time he'd ever speak to or see my mother because there should be no reason to have to interact with her after that point.

Nowadays, my mother feels softer on the topic of my Dad. It's hard to say if she regrets her behavior because she doesn't like to admit culpability or fault, but she's been sensitive to my emotional needs following his death and my break up and has been more supportive in general. She's been especially supportive of me since my break up and I'm thankful she's here. I've come full circle on my mother, I'm aware of her shortcomings as a person and I accept her for who she is. I know how best to meet her halfway, so currently I have no issues with her. The only thing is I suspect she's no longer 'competing' for my affection because my father is gone, so her more belligerent behavior has kind of dried up, but that's only speculation on my part.

During the dream she was only present and I don't remember her doing or saying anything in particular.

Relationship Status: Single.

When And How Often: It occurred last night, but after midnight because I was having a bit of insomnia. 11/19/2020.
dreamer57865
Dream Lover

Return to General Dream Discussion