A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   
O   P

Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z   #

dreambible.com • View topic - Two moons

Two moons

Get your dreams interpreted or talk about anything related to dreams. Someone will be around to help you.

Two moons

Postby dreamer57573 on June 29th, 2020, 11:29 am

Dream: I was driving down a VERY dark, VERY narrow two-lane highway. My sister was with me in the passenger seat. The road was black and there was no center stripe, no stripe on the right side of the road, nor were there any street lights, and I didn’t have lights on my car, not even on the dash. There was no shoulder on the side of the road, so I was very aware that I had to keep my car exactly in the middle of my lane or it could be disastrous. I was driving through a very desolate, almost wilderness looking area. I could see scrub brush only in silhouette against the horizon because it was so dark.

Right above me and slightly to my right, I noticed the moon. It was full and bright. Then I noticed that there were TWO moons. I said, “Judy, look! Two moons!” She was looking down, as if looking at something in her lap, and she said, “Yeah.” I said again, “No, Judy LOOK! TWO MOONS!” She looked over and saw them, but didn’t seem overly impressed or excited.

(There was absolutely no color in the dream at all except for the light of the two moons. I also estimated due to the location of the moons in the sky that it was about midnight.)

About that time, the road started a pretty steep decline. I slowed down and held my foot on the brake as I drove. I met another vehicle head-on that also had no lights. It was a black Chevy Avalanche pickup truck. Its windows were tinted very dark and I couldn't see the driver. We passed each other without incident, but even as careful as I was being, I kept glancing up at the two moons as I drove.

That’s when I noticed that the two moons were merging toward each other. They were moving very quickly. (I remember thinking to myself, if the moon really moved that quickly, it would cause chaos on the planet.) I watched them line up, then continue to cross paths, not stopping as one moon, but simply swapping places in the sky. The moon that HAD been on the left was now on the right and vice versa, though they were not very far apart from my perspective. That’s when the moon that was now on the right began to shrink smaller and smaller until it was finally a pinpoint of light. Then it blinked a couple of times and disappeared. The other moon was still very full and bright.

I was still driving down the very steep road and could see one other car ahead of me traveling the same direction I was, but it had no lights either. I was really curious why there were no lights anywhere, and why the moons had switched places in the sky. That’s when I woke up.

Significant Life Events: My divorce

Background: I'm a 66 year old woman, Caucasian, retired. My husband unexpectedly left me for another woman about 4 months ago. I have been quite unsettled since then, worried about my future.

Mental Illness Or Depression: No

Feelings About People: My sister was with me. I was visiting her at the time of this dream. I don't think the dream was about her. I just think she was in it because I was at her house. We have an excellent relationship and get along famously.

I understand the dark narrow road, the descending road, the desolate landscape, etc. I'm just not sure what the two moons mean. Why did they cross? Why did one go out? What do they represent?

Relationship Status: In process of divorce

When And How Often: I had this dream June 22, 2020. It has not recurred.
dreamer57573
Dream Lover

Return to General Dream Discussion