A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   
O   P

Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z   #

dreambible.com • View topic - In the Woods

In the Woods

Get your dreams interpreted or talk about anything related to dreams. Someone will be around to help you.

In the Woods

Postby dreamer55747 on July 20th, 2018, 1:00 am

Dream: It always starts out with an imense feeling of terror. My father and I are in the woods running from the sound of four wheelers and chainsaws. These people are hunting us. There are other (what I assume to be) father daughter groups also running for their lives. I know there is a safe place ahead, and sometimes we get close, but we never make it out.

Significant Life Events: There is no specific time that I get these dreams. I used to get them a lot when I was younger. The older I got the more they slowed down, but over 15 years later, I am still having the same dream

Background: I’m a 23 year old Caucasian female

Mental Illness Or Depression: I’ve been diagnosed with depression and anxiety

Feelings About People: My relationship has changed with my father many times within the 15+ years I’ve had these dreams. When I was younger, my father and mother were not together and living in different states. I would visit him every other major holiday and every summer. I idolized my father. My parents got married and I still had the dream. When they got married I was a young teenager and my relationship with my father was very rough. He went from the “fun dad” to feeling he had to be the “disciplinarian” and I had a lot of hate in my heart for him. Once I got older and went to college, my relationship with my father became stronger than ever and he became one of my best friends.Through all of these stages of my life and relationships with my dad, the dreams continued and they stayed the same (minus how far out of the woods we got)

Relationship Status: Single

When And How Often: I’ve had this dream multiple times for the past 15 years or so.
dreamer55747
Dream Lover

Re: In the Woods

Postby ElizVanZee on July 21st, 2018, 10:44 am

The presence of other father-daughter groups in the dream seems to put an emphasis upon the father-daughter relationship. Dreams scenes taking place in the woods often relate to the saying, "you are not out of the woods yet" - meaning you are not completely out of trouble yet. Because of all the ups and downs you have had in your relationship with your father, perhaps you are not really yet feeling secure about the relationship.

Taken as a whole, the dream is a terrible nightmare. A nightmare can be understood as representing the most horrible thing you could possibly image happening to you. As this dream shows, there are people out to kill you and your father - thus ending the father-daughter relationship. The most horrible thing your mind could be imagining is something happening to your relationship with your father.

You know it is possible to feel the relationship is safe but your own mind and its imagination is making it difficult to obtain this state of mind. Note how the four wheelers and chainsaws are very like scenes from some modern day movies which emphasizes the idea of using too much imagination in your thinking.
ElizVanZee
Dream Guide

Return to General Dream Discussion