A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   
O   P

Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z   #

dreambible.com • View topic - Nightmares have been a plague to me

Nightmares have been a plague to me

Have a scary dream? Discuss your nightmares with others and find ways to overcome your fears.

Nightmares have been a plague to me

Postby awake on July 3rd, 2014, 1:55 am

It began at age 16 on a very normal night. I was in bed asleep when something brought me up to a level of what I would call "semi sleep". In other words, I was aware of my surroundings but was unable to move or speak. It felt very much as if something without any weight or substance had laid on top of me and meant to suffocate me. I tried to yell out for my mother, but couldn't utter a sound. I tried to fight, but unable to move, it was a battle on some other ground. It seemed to take every ounce of inner strength I had to fight it. I finally won the fight and flew out of bed screaming. After this, I began having nightmares of particularly gruesome images which I had never seen in my waking existence: live corpses that had suffered various types of brutality or dismemberment, persistent darkness, as if a world without sun or electricity, ghosts, demonic figures pursuing me. Though the nightmares were quite scary, the "semi sleep" experiences were of more concern to me. They seemed to occur at times when I was more exhausted. After the first experience, whatever it was did not get into bed with me, it simply stood over me and watched. As the years past, it became more sadistic as, after my daughter was born, it would stand over me until I was aware of its presence and equally aware of my inability to react, then it would proceed out of my room and into my child's room. I would struggle many times until my husband would feel my squirming or hear my sobs and yank me out of it. I was so terrified of sleep, and therefore sleep deprived, that my husband insisted I see a Dr. He prescribed Xanax. More harm than good. Finally, after 20 yrs of this torture the nightmares and ''semi sleep" disturbances just stopped as abruptly as they started. I still dream very vivid dreams that collect in my waking memory. I can recall a dream with the same detail after a year as I can after one hour. If anyone has some explanation or similar experience......please share.
awake
Dream Lover

Re: Nightmares have been a plague to me

Postby mouthsword on July 7th, 2014, 10:50 am

hi. yes iv'e had dreams like that. where demon spirits were trying to hold me down and trying to suffacate me. before that dream i was upset in my spirit with someone.and i kinda had a pitty party. pitty parties will make your spirit vonerable and allow night mares.i was coming in and out of consciencesness; and when i was awake they still were binding me my advice is be strong in the lord before you go to sleep.make sure you forgive every one before going to bed.that will clear your consciece[spirit or heart]when i got to the point of giving up in my dream god came on the seen and then i thought about jesus.and somehow those spirits are powers had to let go and flee quickly.it was remarkable. hope this will help you
mouthsword
Dream Guide

Postby mouthsword on July 7th, 2014, 11:07 am

also i might add that any kind of stress, anxiety,depression. the confusions of the day or pressure on the mind,can make you vonerable to nightmares. so just clearing your mind with confidence will help.
mouthsword
Dream Guide

Postby awake on July 8th, 2014, 7:13 am

Well, let me just add this "post script". When I said that the nightmares and "semi sleep" experiences ended abruptly, I didn't include the fact that when I was dating my husband he was accustomed to bringing me all kinds of gifts such as antique music boxes, old books etc. After we were married, the old relics became more of the "home furnishing" variety. Anyway, the nightmares ended when my husband died and due to the financial strain of it, I had to sell everything I owned. Upon giving further thought to the matter, it occured to me that at some time around the first incident we had our first date and he brought me an absolutely ancient looking vase with several fresh roses in it.
awake
Dream Lover

Postby Raynfall on August 15th, 2014, 2:18 am

I too have experienced this suffocating effect. It first happened to myself one night when I was alone in my room, around 3 AM. I said out loud that I was not afraid of the 4th Dimension, well someone or something did not take a liking to me saying that. Nothing happened immediately, but after a moment I was looking into my closet (On my left side). I could see the outline of a oval shape, this was roughly 7 feet tall and now I would consider this a portal. Because what happened next would scare the shit out of me to this day. I looked into the closet and when I blinked the oval disappeared. The oval was replaced with 2 eyes looking at me from about 4 ft tall, glistening like if a cat was looking at you in the dark. Not a few moments later my eyes adjusted just a bit more so I could see the figure of a little girl. The little girl had a wide smile, just like the cat from the new alice in wonderland movie. Scared shit less, like any normal human I looked away from my closet and was laying facing straight up (I was trying to turn to my right side but once I was perpendicular with my bed I was unable to move anymore). The next thing I knew I could feel something very very angry almost floating above me. Like you said the being felt weightless, but it still gave out immense pressure on my body, restricting my movement, not allowing me to breath. I tried my hardest to get a breath inside of me, but if I was able to get the tiniest bit of air into my lungs I felt like someone was stabbing my lungs from inside my chest. I cant tell you how long it lasted, but I almost went unconscious before It let me go. Needless to say I did not sleep that night, and have adopted Insomniac characteristics since. I guess I just wanted to let you know that you were not alone.
Raynfall
Dream Lover

Postby someguy777 on October 27th, 2016, 4:05 am

Calling on Jesus usually works!
Prayer also for nightmares/night terrors.

Works for me!
someguy777
Dream Lover

Return to Nightmares