A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   
O   P

Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z   #

dreambible.com • View topic - Trying to talk to ex

Trying to talk to ex

Discuss your romantic dreaming encounters. Ex-Lovers, Crushes, or sex with celebrities.

Trying to talk to ex

Postby kite81 on November 30th, 2012, 9:44 pm

Dream: a semi-recurring dream involving my ex that involved us trying to get a chance to talk but not quite making it anywhere private. Constant interruptions. He asks me a few questions, tells me I've changed, or that something is different, or he doesn't feel this way or that way... and then he's gone and someone says to me from out of nowhere, "well, take heart dear, penguins mate for life." That penguin thing, it's said a lot in my dreams. Also, I usually feel like I'm right there inside of these dreams.

Significant events: lots of change in the past year/few months especially. Promoted at work, stressed out about school, getting ready to take (and pass) my roller derby skills test.

Background: female, 31, Chicago dwelling, caucasian, single, librarian

No history of mental illness or depression.

How I feel about people in dream: My ex-boyfriend: I love him. Miss him. Don't understand what happened and want to fix it. He was the first for me for a lot of things, and I feel like the situation my life was in at the time made me inadvertently make a mess of things. He's a great guy, I have nothing but love and respect for him. But I feel incredibly regretful for crumbling under everything else and not giving him what he needed from me for our relationship to grow.

When and how often: I had this dream twice in the last two weeks. Have had it before, in variations, probably about seven times in the past year.
kite81
Dream Lover

Re: Trying to talk to ex

Postby chase on December 6th, 2012, 5:43 pm

Penguins in dreams reflect an aspect of ourselves that is perceived by others to be non-threatening or harmless. Perhaps, the penguins in your dreams represent your feelings about yourself being seen by your ex as too wonderful to lose for good. Might be a sign that if getting him back is a big deal with you that you are too concerned with just allowing him to come back on his own or that he'll think other girls are not good enough and realize what he's missing.

Do you want him back?
chase
Dream Expert

Postby kite81 on December 6th, 2012, 8:13 pm

chase wrote:Penguins in dreams reflect an aspect of ourselves that is perceived by others to be non-threatening or harmless. Perhaps, the penguins in your dreams represent your feelings about yourself being seen by your ex as too wonderful to lose for good. Might be a sign that if getting him back is a big deal with you that you are too concerned with just allowing him to come back on his own or that he'll think other girls are not good enough and realize what he's missing.

Do you want him back?

My gut answer to that, before I start thinking, is always a very firm "yes".
kite81
Dream Lover

Postby daeryk on December 6th, 2012, 11:08 pm

I think the dream is a sign that you a little to passive. If this guy is someone you want back perhaps you should at least try speaking to him and see where it goes from there. Get closure on this issue either way. Don't sit around desiring someone and hoping for the best. Go after him if you honestly want him.
daeryk
Dream Guide

Return to Love, Relationships, And Sex Dreams