A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   
O   P

Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z   #

dreambible.com • View topic - An ex living in the house I grew up in

An ex living in the house I grew up in

Discuss your romantic dreaming encounters. Ex-Lovers, Crushes, or sex with celebrities.

An ex living in the house I grew up in

Postby Luminescence on September 28th, 2012, 8:03 am

Hello all!

Most of my dreams occur in the house that I grew up in for 14 years, and this one was no exception. In this dream I was going to my ex's house, which unlike in real life was my old home, to pick up the rest of my things (since we used to live together). They were a few boxes of Halloween items (likely not symbolizing much or anything there... I love Halloween, it's almost that time of year, and I know at least one of my themed items is missing). In the dream I notice two things: his current girlfriend and her father are in the driveway, I think they may have been playing ball or otherwise occupied amongst themselves, and he had a cat that looks exactly like one of my cats. It was his more favorite of the two, but he wasn't a huge cat person to begin with.

Anything about the dream that stands out to anyone else?

Thank you in advance!
Luminescence
Dream Lover

Re: An ex living in the house I grew up in

Postby chase on September 28th, 2012, 10:13 am

What's been on your mind the most around the time of the dreams?
chase
Dream Expert

Postby Luminescence on September 28th, 2012, 2:29 pm

I'd say what's most often on my mind isn't related (highly stressful life currently), but rather my subconscious keeps pushing him onto me. I had broken up with him, I had turned him down when he wanted to consider getting back together, then a month or two later, everything started reminding me of him. Everything still does. I ended up falling back for him without even speaking a word to him, just these reminders seemed to force feelings back on me, but then there is this new girlfriend. I tell myself fine, rationally it'd be stupid to be with him again anyway and rationally I am now also with the only guy I feel isn't taking me for granted and has been absolutely amazing, and rationally I don't want to be with my ex again at all, but my subconscious does not let him go.

So in summary I guess, my mind has let go but my heart randomly recaught its grip and isn't letting go this time. I don't understand.
Luminescence
Dream Lover

Postby chase on September 28th, 2012, 5:32 pm

Luminescence wrote:Hello all!

Most of my dreams occur in the house that I grew up in for 14 years, and this one was no exception. In this dream I was going to my ex's house, which unlike in real life was my old home, to pick up the rest of my things (since we used to live together). They were a few boxes of Halloween items (likely not symbolizing much or anything there... I love Halloween, it's almost that time of year, and I know at least one of my themed items is missing). In the dream I notice two things: his current girlfriend and her father are in the driveway, I think they may have been playing ball or otherwise occupied amongst themselves, and he had a cat that looks exactly like one of my cats. It was his more favorite of the two, but he wasn't a huge cat person to begin with.

Anything about the dream that stands out to anyone else?

Thank you in advance!

The dream looks like it's reflecting your feelings about how difficult it is to get over your ex. Houses in dreams symbolize your perspective on a situation or beliefs that are normal to you. If you keep returning to a house ex lives in that is actually your old house this symbolizes you emotionally returning to the familiarity of caring about him. Going back to the normalcy of desiring him, loving him, or wanting to be with him.

Picking up the boxes of Halloween items to take away may reflect how you finished with your fear of never having him again. The boxed belongings are representing how you are finished with him. This part of the dream may be a sign that you are feeling yourself moving away from him emotionally.

The new girlfriend and girlfriend's father in the driveway may reflect your projection of your boyfriend's final decision to move on. Cars are our direction in life and a driveway reflects the finality of our decisions that have come to a close.

Cats in dreams symbolize illusions we hold. Fantasies of things that aren't true or feeling too comfortable with an non-objective belief.. In your case this cat may reflect your secret fantasy that the relationship you had in the past was better than it really was. It may also reflect an exaggerated need to believe that your boyfriend's life is now perfect without you. Alternatively, the cat may reflect secret sexual fantasies you have been having of your ex.

Overall, the dream may be a sign that you are struggling to get over your ex 100% or may have residual feelings as you move forward.
chase
Dream Expert

Return to Love, Relationships, And Sex Dreams