A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   
O   P

Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z   #

dreambible.com • View topic - Recurring nightmare from childhood

Recurring nightmare from childhood

Have a scary dream? Discuss your nightmares with others and find ways to overcome your fears.

Recurring nightmare from childhood

Postby nicola_stephen on July 11th, 2016, 2:36 am

Wondering if you one can shed some light on a recurring dream I've been having every few days/weeks for around 20 years since childhood?

I'll tell you a bit about me to put it into context, I'm 29, Mum of two young kids, great partner, vegetarian, we have a small animal rescue comprised of everything from hens to snakes.

The nightmare, it varies slightly in severity, I have all these animals in my back garden but they are in really bad condition (which couldn't be further from the truth in reality), they're over breeder, interbreeding, have fleas, mites, are in horrible crowded enclosures, some are half dead, others are dead and I never seem to 'get round' to cleaning them/feeding them etc. Or, I have all these animals in my garden, they are healthy but keep escaping, so I'm constantly running around trying to put them back into their hutches, but no matter what I do they keep escaping, some get eaten by predators or I accidentally stand on some killing them.

It's actually awful and has woken me up so many nights for about 20 years. Is it just one of my biggest fears getting played on a look every time I'm asleep?

Any info would be appreciated,

Thanks, Nicola.
nicola_stephen
Dream Lover

Re: Recurring nightmare from childhood

Postby Lugus on July 18th, 2016, 4:28 pm

First of all --- thanks for posting. Nightmares can be very stressful and to have virtually the same nightmare for years must be very unsettling.

From your post, it sounds like this dream should not be taken literally. BTW – I believe that most of our dreams are not meant to be taken literally.

In many of the dreams that I interpret, I’ll use some of the ideas of the late Swiss psychiatrist Carl Jung. Using the Jungian approach, most of the things that we see in our dreams come from the dreamer’s unconscious. Some of the most powerful dream images come from the collective unconscious.

These dream animals seem to be closely related to the dreamer. In fact, these dream animals come from the dreamer’s unconscious. I believe that they represent parts of the dreamer. They may actually represent the dreamer. Thus, the dreamer needs to give more attention to herself.

To cut to the quick, I believe that the dream means that you are spending your energies on others and are not taking care of yourself.

Hope this helps,
Lugus
Lugus
Dream Lover

Return to Nightmares