A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   
O   P

Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z   #

dreambible.com • View topic - Please tell me what my dream means!

Please tell me what my dream means!

Have a scary dream? Discuss your nightmares with others and find ways to overcome your fears.

Please tell me what my dream means!

Postby C17R0N on March 29th, 2015, 12:06 am

Okay.. i have had this dream many times now since i was 5, and now i'm 15. The dream is about, that i'm in a big hallway or something. There is a beautiful light in this room, it's really beautiful. There are really really many doors around me, there are doors on the walls, on the ceiling. All the doors are so beautiful. But... in the end of the hallway there is this door, it's cracked and broken. The door is half open, i don't know why but always.. I always take that door. I know i can't go through these beautiful doors, but. When i go through the broken and cracked door, there is those swirling stairs, that i have to go down of. And in front of the swirling stair there is also doors, but.. they are also broken and ugly. I have gone through all does doors now. At the end of the stairs it's really, really, hot. It's not that dark, there is torches. Every broken door i have been through, there has always been something scary, like a monster with many faces behind them. But there is something i know, behind the last cracked door. There is something that i'm so afraid of, something that is so scary, that i can't imagine it. I have been through, the 3 last door. And now there is only 2 doors back.
C17R0N
Dream Lover

Re: Please tell me what my dream means!

Postby Lugus on March 23rd, 2016, 6:05 am

This is a great dream. This is the kind of dream that I associate with a more developed dreamer.

The hallway may exist on both a physical and a spiritual level. I believe that there are two general explanations for the hallway with its doors, which are not necessarily mutually exclusive..
(1) One explanation is based on the theories of Carl Jung. The doors open to different levels of the dreamer’s psyche. At the lowest level is the collective unconscious.
(2) The other meaning is similar except that the dreamer is able to access that psyche of others.

Expanding on the second explanation -- The doors are apparently openings to different spiritual levels.
(1) It may be that the horizontal hallway may be horizontal because the dreamer is horizontal. If the dreamer was standing, the hallway may actually become vertical. Thus, the hallway could represent the spinal cord – from the base of the spine to the top of the head. The doors would represent different spiritual levels.
(2) Another possible explanation is that the hallway represents the “tunnel” between the pituitary and the pineal glands. I remember one dream where there was a tunnel of vines and other plants that also had snakes.
Whatever the explanation for the hallway, it apparently has openings that give the dreamer access to many different levels.

The dreamer takes the “cracked and broken” door. This seems to be the door to the lower levels. The “swirling stairs” seems to be a spiral staircase. The spiral has a long association with kundalini and, by extension, shamanism. The shaman would take journeys to the lower realms. These are typically taken for reasons such as helping others or for gaining knowledge and strength. I remember reading about a similarly developed woman who, during a hospital tour, went to the mental ward and was greeted by a patient who called her by name when she entered although she had never met him.

As Carl Jung said, “One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.”

Hope this helps.
Lugus
Dream Lover

Return to Nightmares