A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   
O   P

Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z   #

dreambible.com • View topic - Dying in my dream

Dying in my dream

Have a scary dream? Discuss your nightmares with others and find ways to overcome your fears.

Dying in my dream

Postby ISPEAKTEXAN on September 23rd, 2012, 8:24 am

I am currently in the military about to be discharged.

In my dream I am home from the military spending time with my 11 year old sister. 2 people kidnap me and my sister and take us somewhere unknown and Put us in a room. There are others in the room with us. The two people return and take my little sister. In my dream I have my army issued combat knife so I cut myself free. I walk to the door and opened quietly I try not to make a sound so no one will hear me. Once I open the door I look down the hallway it's quite short with door on the right and a big room at the end with the door across it. I move slowly and make it to the end of the hallway where I'm standing in the big room suddenly someone behind me puts me into a chokehold. I break free and turn around to notice that it's a woman. She's about my age and she also has a knife. I look around and notice there's a piece of broken cd on the floor. I pick it up and prepare. I know it's about to happen. She steps forward as I throw the cd at her and swing. My knife sweeps her stomach as she gasps for air and blood spills. I catch her body as she falls down trying not to make any more sound thanI already have. I look over as she brings her arm around and stabs me in the back. I fall to my knees and start the blackout as I'm gasping for air. I crawl towards the door but only make it a few feet before roll over and take my last breath. That's when I wake up panting Heavily and sweating. I've had this dream the past two nights In a row. Can someone tell me what it means?
ISPEAKTEXAN
Dream Lover

Re: Dying in my dream

Postby chase on September 23rd, 2012, 10:34 am

Experiencing yourself dying in a dream usually reflect feelings of total failure or loss. Do you love being in the army? Perhaps, you fear what civilian life will bring? Or do you fear that the army will force you to stay against your wishes?
chase
Dream Expert

Postby ISPEAKTEXAN on September 23rd, 2012, 10:46 am

Honestly these are things I don't worry about until they happen. I've lost more than I like to think about so I've learned to live life day by day so I'm not worried a out complete failure because I have no one to fail. My life as a soldier is coming to an end no matter what happens. I'm injured beyond repair so the army is letting me go. I've also been diagnosed with PTSD but I've never had a nightmare consecutively especially one where the person I kill ends up killing me before they die. Chase if I may call you. I read your piece about your nightmare and I am really interested in what you have to say
ISPEAKTEXAN
Dream Lover

Postby chase on September 23rd, 2012, 11:03 am

I think the key to solving this dream lies in part of the dream where you get stabbed in the back and then take your last breath. Do you perhaps fear not being financially supported by the army when you leave?

Where in your life do you feel betrayed or used?
chase
Dream Expert

Postby ISPEAKTEXAN on September 23rd, 2012, 11:20 am

Son I'm a soldier. What days do I not feel used? To me being in the military only further complicates interpretating this dream easily but of the things I've done and the things I've lost so your help is much appreciated to attempt to help me understand.
ISPEAKTEXAN
Dream Lover

Postby chase on September 23rd, 2012, 12:46 pm

ISPEAKTEXAN wrote:I am currently in the military about to be discharged.

In my dream I am home from the military spending time with my 11 year old sister. 2 people kidnap me and my sister and take us somewhere unknown and Put us in a room. There are others in the room with us. The two people return and take my little sister. In my dream I have my army issued combat knife so I cut myself free. I walk to the door and opened quietly I try not to make a sound so no one will hear me. Once I open the door I look down the hallway it's quite short with door on the right and a big room at the end with the door across it. I move slowly and make it to the end of the hallway where I'm standing in the big room suddenly someone behind me puts me into a chokehold. I break free and turn around to notice that it's a woman. She's about my age and she also has a knife. I look around and notice there's a piece of broken cd on the floor. I pick it up and prepare. I know it's about to happen. She steps forward as I throw the cd at her and swing. My knife sweeps her stomach as she gasps for air and blood spills. I catch her body as she falls down trying not to make any more sound thanI already have. I look over as she brings her arm around and stabs me in the back. I fall to my knees and start the blackout as I'm gasping for air. I crawl towards the door but only make it a few feet before roll over and take my last breath. That's when I wake up panting Heavily and sweating. I've had this dream the past two nights In a row. Can someone tell me what it means?

Well, I can only offer suggestions based on my own experiences with the symbols. I'll go over some of the symbolism of your dream and what I typically find it to represent in waking life for most people.

Knives are conflict or separation.

Kidnapping is stolen goals or stability. Feeling that something has taken over or replaced an area of your life.

To dream of a CD represents memories, feelings, or a sequence of thoughts that you choose to play internally. If the CD is broken this may refect your inability to be a part of the army that you've grown accustom to with all their rules and regulations.

Being stabbed in the back may reflect disappointment or betrayal. Feeling used, robbed, or lied to.

Dying is failure or loss. Positively, it reflects total change of your life situation.
chase
Dream Expert

Postby ISPEAKTEXAN on September 23rd, 2012, 7:32 pm

Actually coming together like that it all makes sense.
Thanks bro
ISPEAKTEXAN
Dream Lover

Return to Nightmares