A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   
O   P

Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z   #

dreambible.com • View topic - My husband tried killing himself infront of me

My husband tried killing himself infront of me

Have a scary dream? Discuss your nightmares with others and find ways to overcome your fears.

My husband tried killing himself infront of me

Postby babycakes on October 26th, 2013, 11:16 am

Can someone please help me with this.
I Dreamed last night that my husband shot himsel in the head. He did not die, it just kinda knocked him out. He woke in the dream. I was screaming and trying to get help to us. I could not get any kind of help out to where we were at. I cant even recall the location. But noone ever came to help. There was another person with us in the house i dont remember that person very well. I know that my husband and myself where arguing about something in the dream. I cant remember what it was over the arguing. I can remember jumping when I herad the gun shot. I felt something, I had my head down trying to stop the arguing, then he just shot himself.
This really has me worked up in a bad way.

In our everyday life we dont fight and argue, it is not prefect. But nothing like this dream made it look like. I really need help to understand this. Please
babycakes
Dream Lover

Re: My husband tried killing himself infront of me

Postby Lugus on November 16th, 2013, 1:00 am

It is unlikely that this dream has anything to do with the physical death of your husband (or anyone else). The dream husband’s self-inflected gunshot to the head probably means either (1) his relationship with you or, at least, the dream-you is changing, or (2) it may mean that the “old” dream-husband has or will die to be replaced by a “new” husband.
But who does this dream husband represent? I believe that there are two likely interpretations:
1. Your dream husband may represent your real husband. His shooting himself refers to his ending this stage in your current relationship or his moving to a new and different level of (psychological) development.
2. However, it may mean that he is a symbol of a Jungian archetype called the animus. For a Jungian, the animus is one of many archetypes of the collective unconscious. The animus is always male and is only found in the dreams of women. During the course of a woman’s life the animus has the potential of going through four stages of development:
a. The first stage is the Wholly Physical Man. Examples would be Superman, Tarzan or the Wolverine.
b. Next is the Romantic Man or the Man of Action. The romantic man would be the kind of man that we see on the cover of romance novels. The man of action might be a hunter.
c. Then there is the Bearer of the "Word." This is the man with a message. Typical examples would be a politician or a preacher.
d. Lastly, there is the Guide to Spiritual Truth. In a woman’s dream he might appear as someone such as Gandhi. This Guide will probably not be a man of organized religion but, rather, a man who might be more of a spiritual leader who transcends most traditional religious beliefs.

You also mentioned that there was another person in the dream. If this other person was a woman, she might be a symbol of another archetype – probably the shadow. If the other person is male, he is could be another archetypical symbol or he might be a symbol of the animus at a different stage of development.

In a Jungian interpretation, all of these dream people are parts of the dreamer’s psyche. But, there is one other person in this dream – that person is the dreamer. The dream you represents the dreamer’s ego, which is the center of her consciousness.

Hope this helps and is not too confusing,
Lugus
Lugus
Dream Lover

Postby dreamer4300 on January 16th, 2014, 2:41 am

You and your husband are overwhelm by a certain choices you need to make in life there is a thirst party involed. Maybe business or houses whatever you are experiencing.
dreamer4300
Dream Lover

Postby nawaz on December 22nd, 2014, 1:35 am

This is exceptionally decent post Thanks...!! :D
nawaz
Dream Lover

Return to Nightmares