A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   
O   P

Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z   #

dreambible.com • View topic - shapeshifting kitten, twins/snow/suitcase/crying blood

shapeshifting kitten, twins/snow/suitcase/crying blood

Get your dreams interpreted or talk about anything related to dreams. Someone will be around to help you.

shapeshifting kitten, twins/snow/suitcase/crying blood

Postby lily28 on July 14th, 2011, 7:51 pm

Hello!

I feel like I'm a little bit too close to these dreams to interpret them successfully myself. I had them both last night, and the imagery has really stuck with me throughout the day. To give a bit of context, things were pretty tense between my significant other and I yesterday evening, and I just haven't been feeling great in general recently.

In the first dream, I found and started taking care of a very young kitten. It was tiny, and very sleepy, and would randomly shapeshift into a small, smooth, stone, dark green/blue elephant figurine (among other things that I can't remember). The only other thing I remember about this dream is that at the end, someone saw me carrying the kitten around and asked about it, to which I replied, very matter-of-fact-ly, something like, "It's a kitten. It changes into other things. I know that's hard to believe but it's true."

Cat related dreams always confuse me.

The second dream was more in the watching-a-movie style. There were two Japanese girls - sisters or twin sisters. (It might be helpful to note here that I've been reading a lot of Japanese literature, so I'm thinking that explains why they were Japanese). One of them had been raped. I only remember one image from this dream: the one who had not been raped was clutching a suitcase, and was about to leave (alone). She looked up at her sister, and was crying tears of blood onto the snow. The entire landscape was just snow.

I have some ideas about this one, but I'm having a hard time with the crying blood part.

I would really appreciate any ideas! Thank you for your time!
lily28
Dream Lover

Re: shapeshifting kitten, twins/snow/suitcase/crying blood

Postby chase on July 14th, 2011, 8:50 pm

Can you give us some background information about your life and what's been on your mind the most for the past couple days?
chase
Dream Expert

Postby lily28 on July 14th, 2011, 9:45 pm

Hey, Chase! Sure, I'll try. Problems keep coming up between my 'other' and I. I've been sad about it. ..There's probably a larger anxiety issue surrounding any problems that we have, because my mother died last year, and now, aside from him and his family there is no one that I know very well, can talk to, etc. So, a fear of being totally alone. Other than that, I recently found out that it will take me another three years to finish my BA.. I'm going at a really slow pace in order to take care of my kids and work (I stay home with them during the week and work on the weekends).. I love school, but three years seems so long, and I feel very guilty about the time it takes away from the kids, when I have to tell them I'm studying and all of that. (A potential break-up on the horizon means a total reevaluation of plans, too.) ..I suppose, on the whole, for various reasons, I've just been in a very down kind of place, feeling like the only reason I haven't been taken out of this world is that my kids need me. I realize that sounds so, so dramatic, and it's embarrassing to say, but I guess we've probably all been there at some point. Just one of those times for me, you know? If I could sum up this time in my life with a word, it would probably be "upheaval." Thanks, Chase, for reading my dreams!
lily28
Dream Lover

Postby chase on July 15th, 2011, 5:20 pm

lily28 wrote:Hello!

I feel like I'm a little bit too close to these dreams to interpret them successfully myself. I had them both last night, and the imagery has really stuck with me throughout the day. To give a bit of context, things were pretty tense between my significant other and I yesterday evening, and I just haven't been feeling great in general recently.

In the first dream, I found and started taking care of a very young kitten. It was tiny, and very sleepy, and would randomly shapeshift into a small, smooth, stone, dark green/blue elephant figurine (among other things that I can't remember). The only other thing I remember about this dream is that at the end, someone saw me carrying the kitten around and asked about it, to which I replied, very matter-of-fact-ly, something like, "It's a kitten. It changes into other things. I know that's hard to believe but it's true."

Cat related dreams always confuse me.

The second dream was more in the watching-a-movie style. There were two Japanese girls - sisters or twin sisters. (It might be helpful to note here that I've been reading a lot of Japanese literature, so I'm thinking that explains why they were Japanese). One of them had been raped. I only remember one image from this dream: the one who had not been raped was clutching a suitcase, and was about to leave (alone). She looked up at her sister, and was crying tears of blood onto the snow. The entire landscape was just snow.

I have some ideas about this one, but I'm having a hard time with the crying blood part.

I would really appreciate any ideas! Thank you for your time!

Based on the information you provided and your background information the first thing I'd say is that the dreams are reflecting how sensitive you are about some of your problems.

The kitten in your dream symbolizes an illusion and need to feel good at all costs. You'll do anything to feel good about something that isn't true. A sign that it's difficult for you to be objective about a person or situation. The truth may be too difficult to confront head on. In your base this kitten is a belief in something that isn't true, but makes you feel better about yourself. If this kitten is falling asleep this would represent acceptance of this illusion and an unwillingness to become more objective or realistic. The kittens may also reflect your guilt with your children about your school, or feeling sorry for yourself.

The dark green and blue stone elephant figurine that this kitten transforms into represents how this illusion or need to feel good transforms into a sensitive issue that is selfish and insensitive. This selfishness and insensitive belief could be powerful insecurities you have. Meaning you aren't a selfish and insensitive person, you just feel like something you like doesn't care about you at all and that you may never be able to ever do what you want.

The elephant figure in the dream reflects this issue being very sensitive for you. Something that you may become very upset about if you have to think about it or think about losing it.

If I had to take a guess I'd say this first dream is reflecting your feelings about school. Something you may think is never going to work out for you and when you think about that possibility then you become very upset or stressed out. But, you keep telling yourself that all will work out to make yourself feel better. A sign that you need to be more confident about succeeding in school and moving ahead. Don't lose hope.

The Japanese girls in your dream represents aspects of your personality that are very sensitive about everything being positive or that everything is in order. Being raped in a dream represents a sense of powerlessness to control your life. This Japanese girl being raped could represent how sensitive and powerless you feel about not finishing school on the schedule you wanted or about the problems you are having with your boyfriend. The suitcase she has ready reflects your feelings of giving up or moving on to something else.

I'd say both dreams are a sign that you need to be more confident. Don't feel sorry for yourself, don't feel guilty, and don't believe that anything is so important that you'll lose out forever if you don't have it. Believe in yourself more.
chase
Dream Expert

Postby lily28 on July 16th, 2011, 1:50 am

ohhh nooo - i just typed this huge reply to you, but when I submitted it went to a login screen because my visit had timed out I guess and I lost the whole thing. : ( It is so late now I guess I will try again tomorrow and remember to copy it before I press submit. But for now, thank you!! That gave me a lot of a-ha moments. More later..
lily28
Dream Lover

Postby lily28 on July 16th, 2011, 8:45 am

Hey!

Ok, wow, so like I said, that gave me a lot of a-ha moments. When I was reading your interpretation about the kitten/elephant, I had a realization, too: my fiance (hard to pick a word there - we usually call each other "my husband/wife" in conversation since we've been together for a long time, but it's not technically true as we've put off marriage for financial reasons) and I used to playfully refer to each other all the time as "my very special kitten" - ha. It's from a really cute and funny song ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F32wajv-uUw ).
Once I had that thought I was reading your interpretation as applying to the relationship issues, and while I'm not sure I could rationally explain every detail, what you said really struck me intuitively, and I feel like it's all bubbling there in my intuitive brain, if that makes any sense. It's interesting, too, that you mentioned self pity, because I have a strong belief that I should not feel sorry for myself/do not deserve any pity or self pity, and I've noticed it creeping in recently (and tried to squash it, for lack of better words). When I read "powerful insecurities," it felt right on.

I think the powerful insecurities and their effects come into play in the second dream as well. I've had a few experiences that had a really negative effect on me. I've also had a lot of guilt about my own actions which were (indirectly) related to those events (not to excuse myself). I should have mentioned this to you with the background info, because even though all of those things are years and years into the past now, I think about my regrets every day, and the bad experiences come with them, and even the negative effects of the initial events - insecurities, fears, distrust, etc - still seem to be lurking around. I often have dreams or nightmares about whales and sea monsters which I believe relate to this. Anyway, like you said, I felt that the second dream was about different aspects of myself. It seemed like the sister who was leaving was basically divorcing herself from the other sister. But it was eerie, because in that final scene, I'm not sure if I was still watching the whole thing play out between the two of them, or if I was the raped sister. I know that I couldn't see the raped sister anymore, and I know that when the leaving sister looked up, she was looking at me, so, I don't know, but it's eerie to think about. The scene itself was also very beautiful, at the same time that it was horrific, because, if you imagine, this young woman in very traditional dress - the flowing kimono fabric - with long black hair, the powdered face and even the red of the tears, all set against the deep snow. That image is burned onto my brain. ..To me, it was as if one part of myself knows that the damaged part is toxic - has been responsible for bad things, is popping out in the form of insecurities, fears, feelings of worthlessness, powerlessness, depression, and self centeredness now that my relationship is in a precarious place and is worsening everything - and is making a move to leave, but then, I'm in the damaged part, so.. (?)
That was my take, but I'm not familiar with the image/symbolism of crying blood except for those religious statues..

Alright, I know this is so long. Thank you so much!! Your message is so helpful. And I feel like I finally have a grasp on the symbolic significance of cats in dreams - ha. : ) People ask me to interpret their dreams sometimes but I could never make anything out of cat dreams. That was really interesting - thanks again!!
lily28
Dream Lover

Postby chase on July 16th, 2011, 9:07 am

Your welcome. If I could just add something. You mentioned whales and sea monsters in your last response. The sea in dreams usually represents powerful uncertainty or negative situations in your life. Any sea monsters would most likely be people or situations that you perceieve to be terrible or threatening while you experience these uncertain situations.

Whales in dreams usually symbolize an issue or situation that is so big that if cancels out everything else. This can be both positive or negative, it just depends on the content of the surrounding symbols. A whale could be a super powerful fear that you feel would ruin your life or a situation that is so wonderful it fixes everything. With the uncertainty in your life right now this would make sense.
chase
Dream Expert

Return to General Dream Discussion