A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   
O   P

Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z   #

dreambible.com • View topic - Why am I dreaming about him?

Why am I dreaming about him?

Get your dreams interpreted or talk about anything related to dreams. Someone will be around to help you.

Why am I dreaming about him?

Postby Kitty on September 5th, 2012, 11:25 am

Hi everyone, my name is Kitty and for the past week every night I have been dreaming about an old male friend of mine that I haven't seen in ten years. We were really close we had a lot of fun together, we spent a lot of time together at eachothers homes. On the very first day we met he invited me around and we just layed on his bed looking at the celing making pictures from the patterns that was etched into it. We got along amazingly. But when I turned 13 I was sexually abused by a friend of my uncles and when I turned 16 I made the decision to move away to try and escape the pain I felt living where I was. The day before I left to go live with my father I went to see him and his brother and mother, i said goodbye to his brother and mother first and then I said goodbye to him, although i didn't cry at the time I was really heart broken. We were really good friends and we had some rough times like most friendships do, there was never any romantic involvment, even though i stupidly asked him out a couple of times. I promised them that i would write but i forgot their address and i sent a couple of letters but they just got returned to me. Latley he is all i have been thinking about and i cant stop dreaming about him, he was my solid rock and even after ten years i miss him so much. Although i am sure he forgot about me a long time ago, since i had that first dream about him i can't shake it off. Then yesterday my mum rings me and tells me that she had seen him at the markets and i couldnt believe what i was hearing especially since i never told her i had started dreaming about him and then subsequently started thinking about him. I dont know if it is guilt because they never got my letters, or if i feel i made a mistake or if its because i havent got any friends and he was my best friend and i totally f'd it all up by leaving. I just wish i could get the closure i need so i stop dreaming about him so i can move on as i am sure he did too a long time ago.
Kitty
Dream Lover

Re: Why am I dreaming about him?

Postby dreamermd on September 5th, 2012, 5:01 pm

The dreams sounds like they may possibly be intuitive. Care to share some of them so we can take a look?
dreamermd
Dream Guide

Postby Kitty on September 5th, 2012, 11:47 pm

dreamermd wrote:The dreams sounds like they may possibly be intuitive. Care to share some of them so we can take a look?

I wrote them all down after I had them so I wouldnt forget.

August 30th : I was walking through a shopping center alone, as i do spend my of my time. I was in queensland visiting my mother and as I was walking through the center i could hear someone call my name and i turned around to where the voice was coming from and there he was. He was staring at me before he walked quickly up to me and hugged me tightly, he placed a quick kiss on my cheek and told me how much he missed me. I dont know how he knew it was me cause i have changed a lot in ten years, but he look exactly as i remembered him just slightly taller.

August 31st: I was sitting alone on some rocks by the beach and i was crying, i am not sure what it was that i was crying about but i held my knees up to my chest and continously sobbed. I felt a hand on my shoulder and he sat down beside me and asked why i was crying, when i couldnt give him an answer he just started to vanish away and then dissapeared

September 1st; It was a dream of exactly how we met. We moved in and his mums bird got loose from its cage and it was sitting in a tree in a backyard talking,my mum went next door and asked if it was her bird. That night we went over their place and we all got to know eachother. Him and I went to his room and lied on thebed making pictures from the patterns on the celing, only we were a lot older in my dream, probably more like the age we are now but in the exact same scenery that we met in 10 years ago.

September 2nd: I was standing behind a table, i dont know where i was exactly but i was selling t-shirts and jumpers that had prints of characters on it, i had my back facing the front table. I could feel someone staring at me and i turned around and there he was his jaw dropped and he said he couldnt believe it was me, only i had really long blonde hair and i have never had long blond hair i have usually kept it at shoulder length or only slightly longer. He came around the side of the table and he took me in his arms and held me tightly and whispered in my ear "I have never forgotten you"I dont know why but i pretended i didnt know him, which wouldnt be like me at all. He apologized when i said he must have me mistaken for someone else and he said sorry and walked away but kept looking back and i just fell to the ground and cried

September 3rd: We were standing facing eachother and their was nothing arund us just a really bright light. We were smiling at eachother and he rested his hand on my belly. And he said to me "You're pregnant" He smiled again and he kissed me softly on my lips. Then once again he just started to fade away and disappeared

September 4th: I was at a pub/bar and i saw him across the bar drinking alone I approached him and i asked if he remembered me. He proceeded to tell me that he did but he wanted me to go away because i broke his heart and he has never forgiven me. He said his life was miserable with me around and he only pretended to like me. Hesaid i was trouble and that he wouldhave never loved someone like me

September 5th: I was sitting on my mums deck at her house and I was alone, my mum and step father had left for a week and I was house sitting for them. I was lying back in a chair with my feet up on the table and i could hear the gate being opened. My mums dogs ran to the gate to see who it was. I saw him come around the corner and approached me. He sat down in the chair next to me and said he had been looking for me for such a long time and he didnt think he was ever going to find me. He told me that my sister ran into him and told him i was staying at mums and he wanted to come around and see what i was like after all the years we spent apart. He told me that he always saw me as one of his best friends and even though i wasnt always on his mind he still thought about me every now and then, but then he tells me that he wish he would have waited longer for me to come back because he was now engaged and had a child with his fiance. He gripped my hand and stood up pulling me up withhim.He put his arms around my waist and he lightly kissed my lips and just disappeared again
Kitty
Dream Lover

Postby dreamermd on September 5th, 2012, 11:54 pm

What's been going on in your life lately? What's been on your mind the most around the time of the dream?
dreamermd
Dream Guide

Postby Kitty on September 6th, 2012, 6:40 am

dreamermd wrote:What's been going on in your life lately? What's been on your mind the most around the time of the dream?

I am a writer and I have had writers block for some time until a couple of days ago and that was occupying a lot my of thoughts other then that not too much else has been on my mind until after the third night i dreamnt about him. I cant really understand whats triggered these dreams. I am quite content with life, I am doing what i love and i have been friendless for quite some time but it's never actually bothered me. I keep thinking maybe its a sign he is going to show up somehow in my life again, but then the only thing i think is that he has probably long forgotten me.
Kitty
Dream Lover

Postby dreamermd on September 7th, 2012, 5:58 am

The dreams all sound like you are having problems letting go of the past or feeling that this guy might have an unfavourable view of you because of what happened.

The first dream of him sounds intuitive. Just as in real life you are surprised to see him. Mothers in dreams symbolize intuitive choices so if you are visiting your mother in the dream it may be symbolizing your life choices in the coming day leading to him or feeling lucky to notice him again. The mall symbolizes your attempt to decide on opinions or views of yourself. Psychologically shopping for ideas or opinions of yourself that work for you. In this case it may reflect you trying to decide what to think about yourself and your past actions with this guy.

The rest of the dreams sound like you are trying to deal with the surprise and shock of noticing this guy showing up in your life again. You are conflicted about whether your past with him is unresolved or not. He is a bit taller than you remember him in the one dream probably to symbolize you feeling he has more status or that he's more important than you now.

The dreams might be a sign that you are bit too insecure about this guy. I might also suspect that you higher degree of isolation from people may be making you a bit more sensitive about your past interactions with this guy. Perhaps, finding a way to run into this guy for real might help as well. You sound like your heart needs closure.
dreamermd
Dream Guide

Postby Kitty on September 7th, 2012, 8:23 am

dreamermd wrote:The dreams all sound like you are having problems letting go of the past or feeling that this guy might have an unfavourable view of you because of what happened.

The first dream of him sounds intuitive. Just as in real life you are surprised to see him. Mothers in dreams symbolize intuitive choices so if you are visiting your mother in the dream it may be symbolizing your life choices in the coming day leading to him or feeling lucky to notice him again. The mall symbolizes your attempt to decide on opinions or views of yourself. Psychologically shopping for ideas or opinions of yourself that work for you. In this case it may reflect you trying to decide what to think about yourself and your past actions with this guy.

The rest of the dreams sound like you are trying to deal with the surprise and shock of noticing this guy showing up in your life again. You are conflicted about whether your past with him is unresolved or not. He is a bit taller than you remember him in the one dream probably to symbolize you feeling he has more status or that he's more important than you now.

The dreams might be a sign that you are bit too insecure about this guy. I might also suspect that you higher degree of isolation from people may be making you a bit more sensitive about your past interactions with this guy. Perhaps, finding a way to run into this guy for real might help as well. You sound like your heart needs closure.

Thankyou so much that makes a lot of sense. I think your right that my heart needs closure. You have a great insight and thanks again for your help
Kitty
Dream Lover

Postby dreamermd on September 7th, 2012, 11:20 am

Your very welcome, Kitty.
dreamermd
Dream Guide

Return to General Dream Discussion