A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   
O   P

Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z   #

dreambible.com • View topic - Giant lady bug and beetle.

Giant lady bug and beetle.

Get your dreams interpreted or talk about anything related to dreams. Someone will be around to help you.

Giant lady bug and beetle.

Postby MaisieJane on July 2nd, 2012, 5:13 am

I had a very peculiar dream last night that I could use some help with understanding.
I went into our laundry room at the back of the house and the wash basket was in the middle of the room. I thought this was strange and when I looked more closely I saw that there was 2 of my boyfriend's hoodies in it and they were thick with mud. I lifted one out first then the other. When I looked in the basket I saw lots of large potatoes with huge stalks growing out of them. These were thick with mud also. Suddenly a beetle the size of a golf ball scuttled out of the basket followed by an equally large ladybug. The ladybug jumped on top of the beetle and as they moved across the floor it looked as though they were mating... Or fighting I can't be sure of which but I got the impression that they weren't happy with one another. Very strange. Then the beetle somehow overcame the ladybug and got on top of the ladybug's back.They made their way towards the window. They parted and I was watching them in fear, crawling around on the window. I started to scream and slammed the door behind me, in an attempt to lock them in.

I ran through the kitchen looking for my boyfriend. When I saw him, I asked him to get them out of the room but he refused. Telling me to get a grip. I was terribly upset but I knew I had to do something to get them out so I went back in and qucikly flung the window open. I saw the ladybug fly out. I left the room for several minutes and when I came back I couldn't see the beetle so I assumed it was gone too.

For some reason I closed the window and sat down directly in front of it. I'm not sure what I was doing while sitting there but I could hear a buzzing and turned to see the beetle flying around behind me. I freaked out but I think I open the window again and it left. But I can't be certain.
Can somebody please help me figure this out... I can't stop thinking about it.

Thanks a million everyone. x x
MaisieJane
Dream Lover

Re: Giant lady bug and beetle.

Postby chase on July 2nd, 2012, 3:38 pm

Can we get some background information about your life at the moment? What's been on your mind the most around the time of the dream?
chase
Dream Expert

Postby MaisieJane on July 4th, 2012, 9:01 am

Hi Chase,

Thanks for the reply...

Well there's a few things on my mind of late. My boyfriend and I are planning on emigrating, in the coming months, to the other side of the world and we have so much to organise which at times can seem a little overwhelming but we're doing okay at working our way through sorting it all out. Slowly but surely.

I have been thinking a lot about my friends and about the possibility of losing touch. I have lived far away from most of them for a several years so I don't see them as often as I would like but when I do it's always me making the effort to visit them. Never the other way around. This does get to me from time to time but I try my best not to get annoyed with them over it. I guess the fact that I am leaving soon makes me wonder why they still haven't made the effort when we have such little time left.

One other major detail worth mentioning is another friend who lives close to me who I was very close to up until 2 years ago. She was in a relationship my best friend (I introduced them) for 4 years until she felt it wasn't working any more and they broke up. I never took sides but she told me a couple of months afterwards that she didn't feel comfortable around me in case I was judging her for what had happened. Which I assured her I wasn't. I care about them both equally. I thought we had it sorted but every time we'd make arrangements to meet up she'd let me down an hour or two before or not make contact at all. I eventually stopped contacting her (as she did me) but about 6 months ago we got in touch on and off again. Low and behold she did the same thing to me again. Recently I found out that she mailed a mutual friend of ours where she spoke negatively about me and mentioning how another girl (who I always got on great with) dislikes me too. We used to be so close, spend all our time together, help each other out.... I'm so confused and hurt. I just can't understand what I've done wrong. I no longer want to be friends with her but I find myself stewing over it a lot.

Sorry for the long reply. Hopefully I haven't bored you too much.

Thanks again.
MaisieJane
Dream Lover

Postby chase on July 4th, 2012, 6:05 pm

MaisieJane wrote:I had a very peculiar dream last night that I could use some help with understanding.
I went into our laundry room at the back of the house and the wash basket was in the middle of the room. I thought this was strange and when I looked more closely I saw that there was 2 of my boyfriend's hoodies in it and they were thick with mud. I lifted one out first then the other. When I looked in the basket I saw lots of large potatoes with huge stalks growing out of them. These were thick with mud also. Suddenly a beetle the size of a golf ball scuttled out of the basket followed by an equally large ladybug. The ladybug jumped on top of the beetle and as they moved across the floor it looked as though they were mating... Or fighting I can't be sure of which but I got the impression that they weren't happy with one another. Very strange. Then the beetle somehow overcame the ladybug and got on top of the ladybug's back.They made their way towards the window. They parted and I was watching them in fear, crawling around on the window. I started to scream and slammed the door behind me, in an attempt to lock them in.

I ran through the kitchen looking for my boyfriend. When I saw him, I asked him to get them out of the room but he refused. Telling me to get a grip. I was terribly upset but I knew I had to do something to get them out so I went back in and qucikly flung the window open. I saw the ladybug fly out. I left the room for several minutes and when I came back I couldn't see the beetle so I assumed it was gone too.

For some reason I closed the window and sat down directly in front of it. I'm not sure what I was doing while sitting there but I could hear a buzzing and turned to see the beetle flying around behind me. I freaked out but I think I open the window again and it left. But I can't be certain.
Can somebody please help me figure this out... I can't stop thinking about it.

Thanks a million everyone. x x

The dream is reflecting your feelings about these spoiled friendships.

The laundry scene with the muddy hoodies reflects the problems with these relationships that you want to get rid of. The hoodies themselves reflect your personality wanting to not care about anything or being totally casual about anything that has happened. The mud on them is the problems that you feel have spoiled your ability to relax with these friends and easily socialize.

The beetle in the dream symbolizes your feelings about your friendship being compromised by what has happened. The ladybug
symbolizes your feelings of being annoyed having to be responsible while your friend casually speaks behind your back.

The whole dream is a story metaphor describing your experience with the friends being difficult and then your annoyance with
what they said. At the end of the dream it's reflecting your attempt to put this issue to rest or try to forget what they said about you. Your trouble getting the bugs out the window perfectly reflects this. You're symbolically having difficulty getting the problem out of your head.

I'd take the dream as a sign that you are just having difficulty accepting them not liking you or turning on you. My advice is to just tell yourself that some people are simply impossible and have emotional issues that aren't your concern.
chase
Dream Expert

Postby MaisieJane on July 5th, 2012, 7:35 am

Wow!

Reading that has made so much sense. I completely agree with every detail. It's been a real eye opener. Thank you for the interpretation and especially for the very useful nugget of advice at the end. It's very much appreciated and I'll be putting it to use.
MaisieJane
Dream Lover

Postby chase on July 5th, 2012, 10:23 am

You're very welcome.
chase
Dream Expert

Return to General Dream Discussion