A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   
O   P

Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z   #

dreambible.com • View topic - weird dream including crush/friend and my dad.

weird dream including crush/friend and my dad.

Get your dreams interpreted or talk about anything related to dreams. Someone will be around to help you.

weird dream including crush/friend and my dad.

Postby jadegirl90 on June 28th, 2012, 9:45 am

I dreamt I got a call from my friend, on whom I have a major crush, saying we needed to talk about us. We agreed to talk over breakfast.

Next thing I know I was going to a so called 'open day' to visit a university in Eindhoven (I live in Holland and that's the city's name I dreamt of, don't even know if they have a university), which is confusing since I'm studying in Leiden and have no plans to study elsewhere. Anyway, I went there with my dad. My dad passed away suddenly 2 years ago, also he never really came along with things like that so that was out of character as well.
Me and my dad were walking on cobblestone streets with very high buildings (it looked a bit like the streets in the heath ledger movie Casanova (I watched that about a week or 2 ago)) and the streets were very busy like there was some kind of fair or carnival thing. Lots of people with candy and cotton candy and stuff.
There I met the aforementioned friend, with who he called his brother (He has 2 sisters, but not a brother in real life!). So we went into the building that in my dream was a university. It looked very old with high ceilings and statues in niches (kindof like in a church). Then we went into a 'lecture' room, but it looked like a theater with drapes at the back and stuff. My friend sat down with his 'brother' to his right and I was next to his 'brother'. In the progress of the dream my friend put his arm behind his 'brother' to put his hand on the back of my neck. Then he pulled it away saying we couldn't (much like when I told him I liked him).
Then someone at the front of the room started speaking. They were talking about uninterested/dominant attachment figures and I had to cry and hugged my dad (because in our relationship he seemed to be uninterested when he really wasn't).

So I understand how some elements of the dream relate, but the whole context it was put in, and why, I don't understand.

Anyone have any ideas?
jadegirl90
Dream Lover

Re: weird dream including crush/friend and my dad.

Postby chase on June 28th, 2012, 12:21 pm

Can you give us some background information about your life at the moment? What's been on your mind the most?
chase
Dream Expert

Postby jadegirl90 on June 28th, 2012, 12:41 pm

besides what I mentioned in the post above, I'm waiting for the last grade for my bachelor degree (course social emotional development).
jadegirl90
Dream Lover

Postby chase on June 29th, 2012, 6:39 pm

What about this crush? Can you give us some details about him?
chase
Dream Expert

Postby jadegirl90 on July 1st, 2012, 6:26 am

I've known him for about two years now. We became friends pretty quickly and at first that was all I thought about him. After about six months or so I started to like him as a little more than friends. He knows this and he said he liked me too, but that he wasn't ready for a relationship, he was emotionally unstable and I deserved better and that he wanted to remain friends.
jadegirl90
Dream Lover

Postby chase on July 1st, 2012, 3:54 pm

What are your thoughts about graduation and getting employment?
chase
Dream Expert

Return to General Dream Discussion