A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   
O   P

Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z   #

dreambible.com • View topic - Matching tattoos

Matching tattoos

Get your dreams interpreted or talk about anything related to dreams. Someone will be around to help you.

Matching tattoos

Postby dreamer809 on March 27th, 2013, 2:22 pm

Dream: The dream was about someone with whom I've had a romantic connection with in the past that was never pursued. We had matching tattoos with this image of a rabbit: http://www.finecooking.com/assets/uploads/posts/11613/rabbit_lg.jpg The tattoos were an aubergine shade, but the two tattoos I have in reality are that colour so that might not have any significance in my dream.

The only part of the dream I remember is that we were walking together and our tattoos were the same.
I don't remember any conversation or anything else.

Significant Life Events: I haven't been able to really emotionally connect with my husband in a long time and am considering what I want from my life.

Background: Housewife & Mother, 25.

Mental Illness Or Depression: No mental illness - occasional Seasonal depression.

Feelings About People: Over the last decade we have reconnected a handful of times and every time we do we have a romantic mental connection, but one or the other seems to be in another relationship so we have never explored that aspect of our friendship. For the most part every time we see each other the emotions are strong and scary and we end up backing off and losing touch with each other for months or years at a time.
At the time of the dream I hadn't reconnected with that person for nearly 3 years aside from the odd email.

Relationship Status: Married.

When And How Often: A few weeks ago. Not a recurrent dream.
dreamer809
Dream Lover

Re: Matching tattoos

Postby ElizVanZee on April 2nd, 2013, 5:18 pm

The rabbit tattoo symbolically represents an emotional aspect of human nature which can incline, motive or enable an individual to function in a sexual manner. The rabbit usually suggests a lot of sexual activity including the idea of procreation (as in “they breed like rabbits). The tattoo itself would indicate being “marked” or identified, in this case being identified by an inclination towards sexual behaviour.

The fact that the individual with whom you have had a romantic connection in the past has a matching tattoo would suggest that you are both identified by a similar sexual urge or inclinations. This might suggest that you suited to each other on the basis of your sexual appetites.

However, by noting the colour of the tattoos as being “aubergine” , which is actually a dark or blackish purple, it is implied that the feelings of class and quality (purple) that you could attribute to such sexual inclinations are in reality very negative and unenlightened. Thus the aspect of your natures that you see as suiting you for each other would have quality to Satan but not to God. [God expects a man and a woman to be drawn together by a shared feeling of love – not by urges of a physical body nature.]

The fact that you personally do have 2 tattoos, would reflect the idea of being “marked” in a negative, unfavourable way. The fact that your tattoos are actually aubergine in colour, provides a reality factor to you and the ex-romantic interest both being identified with as having a shared negative feeling – one pertaining to a sexual inclination. [Scripture does tell us that the Lord does not approve of tattoos, the reason being that we are designed in His image. Thus tattoos tell the Lord that His plain skin tone is not good enough for us. Animals are designed to carry permanent skin marking, but not humans. See Leviticus 19:28]

By walking together in the dream it seems implied that you see yourself making progress in life when with the individual with whom you had a romantic connection in the past but the idea of progress would apply when the romantic connection remains one that was “never pursued”.
ElizVanZee
Dream Guide

Return to General Dream Discussion