A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   
O   P

Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z   #

dreambible.com • View topic - ship sinking in cold water

ship sinking in cold water

Get your dreams interpreted or talk about anything related to dreams. Someone will be around to help you.

ship sinking in cold water

Postby dreamer769 on March 22nd, 2013, 3:08 am

Dream: First of all, I would like to say ocean/water/marine animal dreams have recurred more times through out the span of my life than I can count. Almost ALWAYS they are peaceful, fun, wonderful dreams. Especially in regards to dolphins, but not solely.

This dream was completely different...

I was on a war ship, I specifically remember thinking it was a military ship. It was partially sunken, and entirely dark. Only two people were on board to my knowledge, myself and my boyfriend. There was no dialogue amongst us, and at times there was almost a 'shape shifter' type thing(i.e. he was the only one on the ship as I looked on, then instead of my looking on, I became him as the only person on the ship, then both of us were on the ship). A few things stick out in my mind, it was dark, somehow I knew the water was cold, and I knew it was deep. From a portion of the ship that was underwater, there were windows looking out under the water and I saw dolphins (from memory, looking out the 'ship windows' looked like looking in at dolphins at an aquarium). The dolphins SCARED me (this is SO weird, dolphins ALWAYS give me peace and happiness in my dreams, this is an absolute first), the water they were in was not like the usual blue water filled with sun rays, it was dark. I also saw a very large squid in dark water, and sinking deeper into the water. The squid scared me very much as well.

That's it.

Significant Life Events: Job is going well, perhaps I feel the need to progress higher career wise.

Boyfriend is in Afghanistan

I am going to begin attending a program for career progression in the military which will be VERY challenging, time consuming, and potentially dangerous.

Relationship concerns and question lay heavily on my mind.

Background: 24 y.o. white female

Mental Illness Or Depression: no

Feelings About People: I don't recall any feelings I had about my boyfriend, my over all feeling was FEAR. A very abnormal emotion for me.

Relationship Status: in a relationship/talking of marriage

When And How Often: 1-2 weeks ago
only dream I have ever had like this
Though the ocean, dolphin, theme is quite normal and recurring.
dreamer769
Dream Lover

Re: ship sinking in cold water

Postby chase on January 19th, 2019, 1:45 am

Being on a ship in a dream usually points to your efforts to navigate or get through an uncertain situation. You and your boyfriend are both in the military?? And you are about to start a program to pursue a very challenging and dangerous career? Talking about marriage soon??

Dolphins are usually symbols for friendliness and if you are scared of the dolphins I almost wonder if that's your feelings about the friendliness of military life (always there for you, never leaving you behind) scaring you with this new program you are going into. Squid scares you too. Squid may reflect a sense of evil about the military having to be involved in every thing you do if it wants to (lots of arms to symbolize involvement in your life in ways you don't like??).

Feeling that too much military life might be lethal to happiness with marriage being discussed?? Doubts about whether choosing new program is going to make you happy? New program scares you that it's too serious??

dreamer769 wrote:Dream: First of all, I would like to say ocean/water/marine animal dreams have recurred more times through out the span of my life than I can count. Almost ALWAYS they are peaceful, fun, wonderful dreams. Especially in regards to dolphins, but not solely.

This dream was completely different...

I was on a war ship, I specifically remember thinking it was a military ship. It was partially sunken, and entirely dark. Only two people were on board to my knowledge, myself and my boyfriend. There was no dialogue amongst us, and at times there was almost a 'shape shifter' type thing(i.e. he was the only one on the ship as I looked on, then instead of my looking on, I became him as the only person on the ship, then both of us were on the ship). A few things stick out in my mind, it was dark, somehow I knew the water was cold, and I knew it was deep. From a portion of the ship that was underwater, there were windows looking out under the water and I saw dolphins (from memory, looking out the 'ship windows' looked like looking in at dolphins at an aquarium). The dolphins SCARED me (this is SO weird, dolphins ALWAYS give me peace and happiness in my dreams, this is an absolute first), the water they were in was not like the usual blue water filled with sun rays, it was dark. I also saw a very large squid in dark water, and sinking deeper into the water. The squid scared me very much as well.

That's it.

Significant Life Events: Job is going well, perhaps I feel the need to progress higher career wise.

Boyfriend is in Afghanistan

I am going to begin attending a program for career progression in the military which will be VERY challenging, time consuming, and potentially dangerous.

Relationship concerns and question lay heavily on my mind.

Background: 24 y.o. white female

Mental Illness Or Depression: no

Feelings About People: I don't recall any feelings I had about my boyfriend, my over all feeling was FEAR. A very abnormal emotion for me.

Relationship Status: in a relationship/talking of marriage

When And How Often: 1-2 weeks ago
only dream I have ever had like this
Though the ocean, dolphin, theme is quite normal and recurring.
chase
Dream Expert

Return to General Dream Discussion