A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   
O   P

Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z   #

dreambible.com • View topic - Volunteering for local childrens event

Volunteering for local childrens event

Get your dreams interpreted or talk about anything related to dreams. Someone will be around to help you.

Volunteering for local childrens event

Postby dreamer58512 on November 4th, 2022, 1:19 pm

Dream: The dream started and I was volunteering at a local children's event with the local rotary club. It was an event where all these kids approx 5-8 years old would teepee cardboard houses, and then at the end, we would burn them all as a 'fun' conclusion to the event.

I met one of the other volunteers who I spent the vast majority of the dream with. A slightly older than me lady who was showing me the ropes and making sure I stayed involved with the kids. I felt a bit bashful about playing with other peoples kids. The had brown hair with a blue streak. She was very kind.

There was also a kid that was young and constantly a nuisance. I found myself constantly frustrated with him. I could never catch him when he was up to no good and this gave me intense fear that something would happen to him.

At the end of the dream, when we lit all of the cardboard box houses on fire, the young kid and the lady ran into one of the biggest houses when it was on fire. I ran in after them to try and save them from the flames. I was being burned and in intense pain. I was watching them melt in the flames while trying to lift them out. I had no strength to carry them. When the fire finally went out, I was sobbing in the ashes. Someone walked up to me and asked me who I was crying for. I screamed to look at the burnt corpses. The person said... what are you talking about? There are no corpses. I looked back and saw the boy and the lady fade away. I had the intense realization that they had never existed. That I had imagined them the entire time.

I then couldn't get myself to wake up. I realized it was a dream but couldn't open my eyes to escape the fear. Finally, after what felt like an eternity, i woke up drenched in sweat.

Significant Life Events: I am at a crossroads in my relationship that I have been in for 5 years. We live together, like eachother very much, but have found that we have some fundamental differences about who we are.

I am afraid of ending the relationship, and I don't want to. However, I don't feel that I am as happy as I could be.

Background: I am a 29yr old white male. I am a Marine Corps veteran. I currently work from home for a large automotive company appraising vehicles.

Mental Illness Or Depression: No.

Feelings About People: I didn't know the lady. She didn't look familiar nor does she remind me of someone.

The kid might be representative of my own son. I have visitation with him but I don't have custody.

Relationship Status: Dating (son's mom is not my partner)

When And How Often: Last night. I have recently had similar variations of this. Not quite this intense and vivid.
dreamer58512
Dream Lover

Return to General Dream Discussion