A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   
O   P

Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z   #

dreambible.com • View topic - Abandonment

Abandonment

Get your dreams interpreted or talk about anything related to dreams. Someone will be around to help you.

Abandonment

Postby dreamer57192 on December 11th, 2019, 11:38 am

Dream: I went on a beach trip with my family and one of my closet friends. I know for a fact that we went to Corpus Christi because that’s the only beach my family goes to. Everything was fine until my friend suddenly decided to leave, by herself, on the second day of the trip. She just got up and left, not providing any explanation at all. I was sad and confused but then that shifted to betrayal and anger at my friend. This dream was in black and white.

Significant Life Events: I’ve been really anxious about how the people around me view me and about the future

Background: I’m 17 years old, a female, and Hispanic. I’m currently employed.

Mental Illness Or Depression: I’ve never been diagnosed with a mental illness, but think I possibly suffer a little bit of social anxiety

Feelings About People: I have a really good friendship with my friend who was in my dream. I know she wouldn’t actually do something like that but what concerns me is the fact that she was with me when I had this dream.

Relationship Status: Single

When And How Often: It occurred about a week ago and is not reoccurring.
dreamer57192
Dream Lover

Re: Abandonment

Postby chase on December 20th, 2019, 4:37 pm

If you have a good relationship with this friend then the dream might have 2 possible meanings. First possibility is some kind of jealousy of your friend not liking spending as much time with you as you would like. Did she have to leave early one day hanging out with her? Second meaning may reflect feelings of abandonment in a situation or something isn't working the way you want in some area of your life based on whatever prominent feelings you have about your friend.

The question is the strongest most obvious feeling you have about your friend when you first think of them? For example, I have dreams occasionally about an old friend from school who would make me care about what other people think. So if I ever dream of them then I'm usually involved in a real waking life situation where caring what other people think is a factor. Is this friend symbolizing something like my old friend does? Then ask yourself how those feelings apply to your waking life in a way that "abandons you" or "stops working when it should work."

You say you are anxious about the future. Has something you tried to confront recently seem to be confident and stop being confident?

Your thoughts?

dreamer57192 wrote:Dream: I went on a beach trip with my family and one of my closet friends. I know for a fact that we went to Corpus Christi because that’s the only beach my family goes to. Everything was fine until my friend suddenly decided to leave, by herself, on the second day of the trip. She just got up and left, not providing any explanation at all. I was sad and confused but then that shifted to betrayal and anger at my friend. This dream was in black and white.

Significant Life Events: I’ve been really anxious about how the people around me view me and about the future

Background: I’m 17 years old, a female, and Hispanic. I’m currently employed.

Mental Illness Or Depression: I’ve never been diagnosed with a mental illness, but think I possibly suffer a little bit of social anxiety

Feelings About People: I have a really good friendship with my friend who was in my dream. I know she wouldn’t actually do something like that but what concerns me is the fact that she was with me when I had this dream.

Relationship Status: Single

When And How Often: It occurred about a week ago and is not reoccurring.
chase
Dream Expert

Return to General Dream Discussion