A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   
O   P

Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z   #

dreambible.com • View topic - Long dream about shopping and war

Long dream about shopping and war

Get your dreams interpreted or talk about anything related to dreams. Someone will be around to help you.

Long dream about shopping and war

Postby Baddreamer on March 8th, 2019, 9:27 am

Dream: I was in a store trying on different shoes with my young son, but somehow the shoes I was trying on weren't for me, like I was shopping for someone else. Every time I would turn around my son would have ran off and I'd go find him and scold him for not staying by me. About the 3rd time this happened he starts crying as I scold him and a cat shows up and starts biting and scratching my arms and face. I manage to throw the cat away from me and I'm in a small house I don't recognize from real life, and my whole family is there, plus more people and kids I don't know. We're all trying to get all the kids dressed, but the cat keeps showing up and attacking me, my face, arms, and privates. I'm bleeding severely but the people I ask for help laugh saying "he's (the cat) just playing". I convince my mother to take me out of there, but when we all pile into her car it changes again and I'm in a circular hallway preparing for a battle. Who or where we were battling I'm not sure, but it was a preparation for war. My young sons father shows up and starts reminiscing about my recently deceased father. I say to him "I was there, he did everything he always said he would" (referring to facing death without fear) and start crying. Someone else from the army offers me a bag of pretzel snacks and I accept, still crying. My young son shows up asking for some, and I give him the bag of snacks and get down to hug him. I say to him "mama has to go fight bad guys, I love you. I don't know when I'll be home, goodbye [son's name]" and then abruptly woke up.

Significant Life Events: the young son in the dream is starting preschool this year, his father was abusive and lost all rights, my father has passed away in July causing a few family members to be cut out of my life. We have also moved within the last 6 months.

Background: I am a 24 year old Spanish woman living in America with my 2 sons, both under 4, and the father of the youngest. I am a stay at home mom, working only 1 day a week.

Mental Illness Or Depression: treatment for disassociation due to PTSD

Feelings About People: I have a high level of contempt for the father of the son in the dream, and am mostly indifferent and hopeful about my mother. I adore my son, he makes me incredibly proud, and am almost reverent of my father. Since he's gone he is a topic of despair.

When And How Often: I had this dream for the first time last night, March 7th. My dreams often shift scenery the way this one did, but I'm almost never aware of it untill I wake. I was aware of and confused by the changing scenery in my dream. I have had a dream of being attacked by a black cat with glowing green eyes every other month or so since my first son was born, but I didn't see the eyes of the cat in this dream, but it was a black cat.
Baddreamer
Dream Lover

Return to General Dream Discussion