A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   
O   P

Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z   #

dreambible.com • View topic - Relationship?

Relationship?

Get your dreams interpreted or talk about anything related to dreams. Someone will be around to help you.

Relationship?

Postby dreamer56494 on January 14th, 2019, 8:07 am

Dream: My boyfriend and I went away for the weekend. However, in the dream it seemed as if we were married. We stayed in a nice hotel suite, and in the morning i asked him to meet me in the lobby and to pack all our things. I categorically told him ' Do what I would do when we travel, check everything and take all our things'. He met me in the lobby without our passports and his laptop and I was annoyed. Very annoyed.

I went back to the hotel room and retrieved our passports and that's when i found he'd left his laptop also. His laptop case was an army print cover- it was hard plastic. I took all our things and headed down to the lobby expecting to find him and my parents there, but it was only him.

I asked him for my parents.. and he said he didnt know where they were, they had not arrived. We went to their suite and they were asleep. We knocked snd they invited us in. My partner and I sat on the bed, me facing my mother and he my father and the told us to calm down and stop worrying .

Before the dream ended i was at a bus top alone and i saw this very handsome white man and immediately i felt something for him. But he smiled, and his teeth were so rotten it made me sick....

then I woke up

Significant Life Events: no relationship issues- but praying about marriage

Background: 26 year old Black British Woman. Post Graduate Student

Mental Illness Or Depression: no

Feelings About People: my boyfriend in the dream: in real life i love him and want to marry him

My parents' they're amazing.

Relationship Status: Dating

When And How Often: 3rd November 2018
dreamer56494
Dream Lover

Re: Relationship?

Postby chase on January 14th, 2019, 11:31 pm

You don't say much about your personal life, but if marriage is something you want badly, so much so that you're praying for it then I see how the third paragraph hints at your impatience at not being married yet.

Both parents in a dream reflect decision making and your intuition for a safe future. Your dad represents your decision to get married and your mother is your intuition that thinks it's best for the future (or best to do it now for future safety). Seeing your parents asleep may reflect your wish to choose to get married soon "not being awake" or active in your relationship. Beds are symbols for choosing to a situation the way it is (sleeping on it) with no further action. Knocking on parents door and being invited in may represent your attempt to bring up the topic of marriage with your boyfriend to discuss the decision. Sitting on the bed with parents and boyfriend and then being told to calm down sounds like your boyfriend didn't like feeling marriage was as important as you thought it was. Wants to put it off?

If marriage isn't what this dream is about then it at least seems to show that you don't like something the way it is. You want more action or don't like being made to feel that action isn't as important as you think it is.

The ending of the dream lends to the 3 paragraph. The bus stop and guy with gross rotting teeth. That makes me wonder if you don't like waiting to discuss marriage or whatever else it is you want to change. You see another option (handsome white man??), but it ends up being weak or losing more than you expected (rotting teeth).

Impatience or annoyance with waiting or accepting a situation the way it is in this dream.

dreamer56494 wrote:Dream: My boyfriend and I went away for the weekend. However, in the dream it seemed as if we were married. We stayed in a nice hotel suite, and in the morning i asked him to meet me in the lobby and to pack all our things. I categorically told him ' Do what I would do when we travel, check everything and take all our things'. He met me in the lobby without our passports and his laptop and I was annoyed. Very annoyed.

I went back to the hotel room and retrieved our passports and that's when i found he'd left his laptop also. His laptop case was an army print cover- it was hard plastic. I took all our things and headed down to the lobby expecting to find him and my parents there, but it was only him.

I asked him for my parents.. and he said he didnt know where they were, they had not arrived. We went to their suite and they were asleep. We knocked snd they invited us in. My partner and I sat on the bed, me facing my mother and he my father and the told us to calm down and stop worrying .

Before the dream ended i was at a bus top alone and i saw this very handsome white man and immediately i felt something for him. But he smiled, and his teeth were so rotten it made me sick....

then I woke up

Significant Life Events: no relationship issues- but praying about marriage

Background: 26 year old Black British Woman. Post Graduate Student

Mental Illness Or Depression: no

Feelings About People: my boyfriend in the dream: in real life i love him and want to marry him

My parents' they're amazing.

Relationship Status: Dating

When And How Often: 3rd November 2018
chase
Dream Expert

Return to General Dream Discussion