A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   
O   P

Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z   #

dreambible.com • View topic - Dream interpretation

Dream interpretation

Get your dreams interpreted or talk about anything related to dreams. Someone will be around to help you.

Dream interpretation

Postby dreamer56362 on November 2nd, 2018, 6:55 am

Dream: I can't really remember what happened in the beginning and it seems a bit distant but one stand out thing was I was havinging a conversation with someone through a mirror and they were standing behind my left shoulder a bit in the distance. It was like I could only see from the shoulders down but the figure was out of focus. I don't recall what we were talking about but it seemed very casual and comfortable. I could see their figure in the mirror but I wasn't paying close attention to them as I was focused on getting ready and doing my makeup. The mirror was almost like a showgirl station I was sitting at, very glitzy, clean, bright and glamorous. The mirror had lights all around it with a pink boarder. I think I recall necklaces and/or a feathery scarf hanging over the corner. Also I think there was a poleroud picture stuck on the mirror but it was never in focus and was always looked past. On the table in frontf me there was a range of products that weren't in focus but you could tell that everything had its place. As I was doing my make up it looked really nice and natural. The main couple was pink and it was like I couldn't put enough pink on. I think I was getting ready for an even of some sort because as I got up from the table I was determined to dress up like the pink power puff girl. As I was trying on a this dress it was like a pink middy strapless dress with a thick black band around the waist (the same pattern as the power puff girl) but as I was looking at it when 'I' was trying it in I could only see from the shoulders down and it was like I was looking into the mirror and the figure behind me to the left was wearing it.. but it was me

The nature of the dream was very casual and comfortable feeling

Significant Life Events: My two young boys
Improving myself
Establishing deeper connections
Money

Yes! My ex

Background: Ellea Courtney
Female
Australian
Stay at home parent

Mental Illness Or Depression: Depression and anxiety

Victoria

Feelings About People: I think this dream was two versions of me... I'm a bit conflicted whether that's true or not.. although I am always conflicted and second guessing myself. I have a tendency to doubt myself and I'm an empath who wears their heart on their sleeve. Is great but is usually my downfall. Still trying to find a balance and some consistency in my life. I have been doing a lot of self esteem building and it's somewhat been successful, I still have a long way to go. My relationship with myself has been really up and down lately. I can be really hard on myself. I've had a lot of personal growth in the past year but I'm no where near where I want to be. I tend to feel like I push things off because I'm waiting for the right time and dwell over things, especially situations I can not control but feel like it's holding me back or impacting my life in a negative way, which then puts doubt in my head to whether I'm capable which then gets overwhelming and I tend to burry my head in the sand. I often want to be accepted, approved, understood and wanted. I care what people think.. but not all people. If I am treated poorly or spoken down to I take it really hard. I tend to people please and am often treated like a doormat but to people I am close with I can be brutally honest or not hold my tongue when I should, especially when I am speaking out of anger. People are usually drawn to me but not always with good intent

Relationship Status: Single

When And How Often: I had this dream last night. Haven't had a dream like this ever
dreamer56362
Dream Lover

Re: Dream interpretation

Postby chase on November 3rd, 2018, 3:21 am

The mirror symbolism shows you looking as yourself or seeing yourself for who you really are in some way. Feeling good that you don't look stupid with something that is important to you? Good, bad, or objective perception of yourself.

Makeup symbolism and you might have some need to look at good as possible. Wanting to look better than you are?

Ending of dream is most interesting where you see yourself trying on a dress in the mirror and the dress is worn by someone who is actually behind you. Issues with not looking good being first? Or that your efforts to look good or look good pleasing someone aren't working? Are you feeling that being a good person is not enough in a particular situation? Something you do to please others is "already behind you."

You mention "people pleasing" and sometimes feeling like a "doormat." I can see how that type of situation would be reflected in the dream by you looking in the mirror at the end of the dream and seeing someone else wearing your dress. The dress could symbolize your personality wanting to please others and the person behind you wearing the dress to symbolizes this pleasing part of you not being "up front" or instantly "already behind you." Not feeling good that something about yourself is not thought about as important as you'd like it to?

Let's look at the summary of the dream symbolism as a story. Looking in mirror, putting on makeup, and then putting on dress in a mirror where someone behind you is wearing the dress instead of you. That symbolism shows you caring about how you look as a person, wanting to impress or look as best as you can, and then possibly not seeing yourself looking good pleasing others as important or obvious as you'd like.

What are your thoughts? You didn't mention a lot about your current life situation. Anything happening in your life that correlates with my analysis?

dreamer56362 wrote:Dream: I can't really remember what happened in the beginning and it seems a bit distant but one stand out thing was I was having a conversation with someone through a mirror and they were standing behind my left shoulder a bit in the distance. It was like I could only see from the shoulders down but the figure was out of focus. I don't recall what we were talking about but it seemed very casual and comfortable. I could see their figure in the mirror but I wasn't paying close attention to them as I was focused on getting ready and doing my makeup. The mirror was almost like a showgirl station I was sitting at, very glitzy, clean, bright and glamorous. The mirror had lights all around it with a pink boarder. I think I recall necklaces and/or a feathery scarf hanging over the corner. Also I think there was a poleroud picture stuck on the mirror but it was never in focus and was always looked past. On the table in front me there was a range of products that weren't in focus but you could tell that everything had its place. As I was doing my make up it looked really nice and natural. The main couple was pink and it was like I couldn't put enough pink on. I think I was getting ready for an even of some sort because as I got up from the table I was determined to dress up like the pink power puff girl. As I was trying on a this dress it was like a pink middy strapless dress with a thick black band around the waist (the same pattern as the power puff girl) but as I was looking at it when 'I' was trying it in I could only see from the shoulders down and it was like I was looking into the mirror and the figure behind me to the left was wearing it.. but it was me

The nature of the dream was very casual and comfortable feeling

Significant Life Events: My two young boys
Improving myself
Establishing deeper connections
Money

Yes! My ex

Background: Ellea Courtney
Female
Australian
Stay at home parent

Mental Illness Or Depression: Depression and anxiety

Victoria

Feelings About People: I think this dream was two versions of me... I'm a bit conflicted whether that's true or not.. although I am always conflicted and second guessing myself. I have a tendency to doubt myself and I'm an empath who wears their heart on their sleeve. Is great but is usually my downfall. Still trying to find a balance and some consistency in my life. I have been doing a lot of self esteem building and it's somewhat been successful, I still have a long way to go. My relationship with myself has been really up and down lately. I can be really hard on myself. I've had a lot of personal growth in the past year but I'm no where near where I want to be. I tend to feel like I push things off because I'm waiting for the right time and dwell over things, especially situations I can not control but feel like it's holding me back or impacting my life in a negative way, which then puts doubt in my head to whether I'm capable which then gets overwhelming and I tend to burry my head in the sand. I often want to be accepted, approved, understood and wanted. I care what people think.. but not all people. If I am treated poorly or spoken down to I take it really hard. I tend to people please and am often treated like a doormat but to people I am close with I can be brutally honest or not hold my tongue when I should, especially when I am speaking out of anger. People are usually drawn to me but not always with good intent

Relationship Status: Single

When And How Often: I had this dream last night. Haven't had a dream like this ever
chase
Dream Expert

Return to General Dream Discussion