A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   
O   P

Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z   #

dreambible.com • View topic - A date

A date

Get your dreams interpreted or talk about anything related to dreams. Someone will be around to help you.

A date

Postby dreamer56075 on September 10th, 2018, 9:36 am

Dream: My crush asks me on a date. I'm at my house I lived in previously. This house is a small two bedroom house with the living room and kitchen spliced together. There was a rock wall surrounding the property with an electric . General feelings about this house? I felt it was a bit small, but it was a stable and safe house that I felt comfortable in in the time that I lived there.
I accept the date request, thinking that I can see if we even click or not.
The date was supposed to start at 1pm and I was late. I don't remember the exact time when I looked at the clock, but it was sometime between 1:30 and 1:37. I was fretting over an outfit to wear. I didn't know where we were going, so I was debating fancy or something more casual. Upon peeking at what he was wearing in the lobby, I saw he was just wearing casual clothes. A t-shirt with some beige shorts. So I just wore a red dress with a v-neck. This dress was something that he'd thought was overdressed in waking life, but I didn't care because it was comfy.

The date wasn't what I would call a disaster, but it was a unexpected to say the least. We ended up hanging out with a group of people that were his friends. I'd never seen them in my life. I remember there was one female and 2 or 3 males. I think we were in a bus but I'm not sure. During the time we hung out, I was a bit hurt, uncomfortable and unsure. I was thinking about how this same thing happened to my sister with a boy, and was nervous that he really just didn't like me. I decided to talk to him about it and he sounded pretty geniune when he said something along the lines of "we're young! I thought we could take it slow," and "I thought this is what you wanted."
He was pretty easy-going about it and said next time it'd be just us. Honestly, the moment that I knew he wasn't just passive aggressively standing me up, I was infinitely relieved.
I remember then that the female friend had an outburst and started yelling at me. I don't remember what she said, but I got the general idea that she hated my guts. I think one of the other guys was behind her on that one. So half his friends hated me right off the bat. This kinda made me a bit nervous since that usually wasn't a good thing.
I don't know what transpired before this, but soon he's walking me home at night. He's pretty understanding, and dismisses my worries of the half of his friends that didn't like me.

Next, I'm in the car with my parents. The focus is on my mom. They've just come back from a business trip and were away during the events of my date. They've been gone for so long (2-3 months) that they didn't really know this guy for very long before they left. They also didn't know about our date. It wasn't that I avoided telling them, it's just that it slipped my mind. I was thinking about how irresponsible it was to not tell my parents about these things and what they'd think when I told them.
The home that we returned to was a different house this time, but one that I'm still familiar with. It was the home I currently live in in waking life. It's a huge 3 floor mansion with 3 huge bedrooms with their own bathrooms. 4 bathrooms total including the guest washrooms. The kitchen is weirdly small in comparison to the entire house. I think this house is really huge and cool, although it doesn't feel as homey because there are some parts of the house that feel more like a mall than a house. It also has very cold colors. Stainless steel and whatnot.
Anyways, it's on the first floor in the kitchen where I tell my mother that I went on a date with this guy. For some reason at this moment, she grounds me for 2 days. Two things were weird about this. 1) I haven't been grounded for a really long time and 2) She said this in a weird way. Instead of saying "you're grounded for two days," she said, "you're grounded on the 4th and 5th." I asked her to hear me out. I explained who he was and my mom asked if he was Christian. I said he wasn't, although he had a Christian background. I then went on to say I was seeing if we even clicked, and afterwards I would take a step back and see how God would work in his life. My mom hummed in response and said she thought so. I was surprised by this since i thought she'd chew me out. As she went up the stairs with a laundry basket, I said that I really liked him, both his personality and his appearance. She said something along the lines of "good for you." (Not in a sarcastic way)

Significant Life Events: Mainly I've been thinking of improving myself to be a generally healthier and better person. I have a crush on a guy that I don't think likes me back. He's totally my type in basically every aspect (personality, appearance, balances me out, etc.), although he isn't really a Christian, which is what is making me hesitant (he has a Christian background tho). I'm waiting to see if God enters his life. I also don't think either one of us is ready for a relationship yet since he's in an explorative (though successful) phase of his career and I don't know where to go with my art abilities. I've also been thinking about how people (friends, usually) think I dislike them (probably because sometimes I seek solitude, and sometimes I display that fact a little too honestly around them). While how they think may not be my fault, I've been thinking that I should make more of an effort to reassure these people that they're welcome (and put more effort into my friendships in general).

Background: I'm an 18 y/o female. I am not employed anywhere currently.

Mental Illness Or Depression: No.

Feelings About People: I'm on good terms with everybody in my dream. I love my family.

Relationship Status: Single

When And How Often: It's not reocurring. Last night.

P.S. Sorry that this forum post is filed in the incorrect area. The site is buggy on my phone.
dreamer56075
Dream Lover

Re: A date

Postby chase on November 9th, 2018, 1:30 am

Wow, long dream. Lots of crush symbolism in this dream when you are obviously not dating him yet. That makes me wonder if this dream shows how you are overexamining every single aspect of a possible future relationship. The dream starts with dating, fretting over what to wear, and then dream ends with you discussing the religious denomination of your crush. That's a lot of details and if you aren't dealing with any other area of your life serious enough to warrant a long dream like this then I'm putting my money on your crush is exhausting your mind walking around inside it. Too much thinking about him and not enough action.

I think the dream is a sign that you need to do 1 of 2 things. Either be more assertive about trying to get to know this guy or try to get over him so he doesn't leave you wasting time living with desire. Don't guess that he does or doesn't like you. Face it. Don't rush. Keep trying if you need to. Just don't sit on the sidelines forever either.

dreamer56075 wrote:Dream: My crush asks me on a date. I'm at my house I lived in previously. This house is a small two bedroom house with the living room and kitchen spliced together. There was a rock wall surrounding the property with an electric . General feelings about this house? I felt it was a bit small, but it was a stable and safe house that I felt comfortable in in the time that I lived there.
I accept the date request, thinking that I can see if we even click or not.
The date was supposed to start at 1pm and I was late. I don't remember the exact time when I looked at the clock, but it was sometime between 1:30 and 1:37. I was fretting over an outfit to wear. I didn't know where we were going, so I was debating fancy or something more casual. Upon peeking at what he was wearing in the lobby, I saw he was just wearing casual clothes. A t-shirt with some beige shorts. So I just wore a red dress with a v-neck. This dress was something that he'd thought was overdressed in waking life, but I didn't care because it was comfy.

The date wasn't what I would call a disaster, but it was a unexpected to say the least. We ended up hanging out with a group of people that were his friends. I'd never seen them in my life. I remember there was one female and 2 or 3 males. I think we were in a bus but I'm not sure. During the time we hung out, I was a bit hurt, uncomfortable and unsure. I was thinking about how this same thing happened to my sister with a boy, and was nervous that he really just didn't like me. I decided to talk to him about it and he sounded pretty geniune when he said something along the lines of "we're young! I thought we could take it slow," and "I thought this is what you wanted."
He was pretty easy-going about it and said next time it'd be just us. Honestly, the moment that I knew he wasn't just passive aggressively standing me up, I was infinitely relieved.
I remember then that the female friend had an outburst and started yelling at me. I don't remember what she said, but I got the general idea that she hated my guts. I think one of the other guys was behind her on that one. So half his friends hated me right off the bat. This kinda made me a bit nervous since that usually wasn't a good thing.
I don't know what transpired before this, but soon he's walking me home at night. He's pretty understanding, and dismisses my worries of the half of his friends that didn't like me.

Next, I'm in the car with my parents. The focus is on my mom. They've just come back from a business trip and were away during the events of my date. They've been gone for so long (2-3 months) that they didn't really know this guy for very long before they left. They also didn't know about our date. It wasn't that I avoided telling them, it's just that it slipped my mind. I was thinking about how irresponsible it was to not tell my parents about these things and what they'd think when I told them.
The home that we returned to was a different house this time, but one that I'm still familiar with. It was the home I currently live in in waking life. It's a huge 3 floor mansion with 3 huge bedrooms with their own bathrooms. 4 bathrooms total including the guest washrooms. The kitchen is weirdly small in comparison to the entire house. I think this house is really huge and cool, although it doesn't feel as homey because there are some parts of the house that feel more like a mall than a house. It also has very cold colors. Stainless steel and whatnot.
Anyways, it's on the first floor in the kitchen where I tell my mother that I went on a date with this guy. For some reason at this moment, she grounds me for 2 days. Two things were weird about this. 1) I haven't been grounded for a really long time and 2) She said this in a weird way. Instead of saying "you're grounded for two days," she said, "you're grounded on the 4th and 5th." I asked her to hear me out. I explained who he was and my mom asked if he was Christian. I said he wasn't, although he had a Christian background. I then went on to say I was seeing if we even clicked, and afterwards I would take a step back and see how God would work in his life. My mom hummed in response and said she thought so. I was surprised by this since i thought she'd chew me out. As she went up the stairs with a laundry basket, I said that I really liked him, both his personality and his appearance. She said something along the lines of "good for you." (Not in a sarcastic way)

Significant Life Events: Mainly I've been thinking of improving myself to be a generally healthier and better person. I have a crush on a guy that I don't think likes me back. He's totally my type in basically every aspect (personality, appearance, balances me out, etc.), although he isn't really a Christian, which is what is making me hesitant (he has a Christian background tho). I'm waiting to see if God enters his life. I also don't think either one of us is ready for a relationship yet since he's in an explorative (though successful) phase of his career and I don't know where to go with my art abilities. I've also been thinking about how people (friends, usually) think I dislike them (probably because sometimes I seek solitude, and sometimes I display that fact a little too honestly around them). While how they think may not be my fault, I've been thinking that I should make more of an effort to reassure these people that they're welcome (and put more effort into my friendships in general).

Background: I'm an 18 y/o female. I am not employed anywhere currently.

Mental Illness Or Depression: No.

Feelings About People: I'm on good terms with everybody in my dream. I love my family.

Relationship Status: Single

When And How Often: It's not reocurring. Last night.

P.S. Sorry that this forum post is filed in the incorrect area. The site is buggy on my phone.
chase
Dream Expert

Return to General Dream Discussion