A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   
O   P

Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z   #

dreambible.com • View topic - Cutting my friends hair

Cutting my friends hair

Get your dreams interpreted or talk about anything related to dreams. Someone will be around to help you.

Cutting my friends hair

Postby dreamer54387 on January 11th, 2018, 11:39 am

Dream: I dreamt my friend and I were going out with friends from work and I was told I was going to give him a hair cut. I felt perplexed since I am not a hair dresser but I thought I could do it since I’ve cut my kids hair before and I’m pretty good at that. In real life my friend is bald and I remember knowing this in my dream but he had a little hair in the dream. We walk into a salon and He sits in the chair and I put a cape on him and start to cut a little bit of his hair. We are all laughing,talking and feel light hearted when I notice I’m pulling some of his hair instead of cutting it. He and I chuckle and then I wake up. I remember his skin color tan, the smooth of his bald head, how he smells and hearing his laugh.

Significant Life Events: My home, my relationship with my husband and my lover/friend/co-worker.

Background: Female, 47, RN-employed, Hispanic-American

Mental Illness Or Depression: No

Feelings About People: I am attracted to my friend in different ways both physically and emotionally. I respect his work ethic and skills as a nurse. He is older than me, 61. He has a good sense of humor, well liked by everyone, adventurous, likes to travel, very friendly and charismatic. I admire all of these qualities. He calls his wife his “partner” of 20 years, since they are not technically married by a church or court. I call her his wife.

Relationship Status: I am married and working through an affair my husband had several years ago.

When And How Often: I had his dream 2 weeks ago, only once.
dreamer54387
Dream Lover

Re: Cutting my friends hair

Postby chase on January 11th, 2018, 11:53 am

Obviously you are having an affair and your lover claims he's not really legally married by court or church to the woman so it's okay to him. Dreaming of giving someone a haircut sounds like a symbol for wanting to change or cleanup someone's thoughts. Are you trying to alter your behavior or story with this lover so you don't feel bad about cheating? Cut off the sloppy aspects of your relationship so it looks and feels better to the both of you?

Are you concerned with the morality of cheating? or perhaps focused on telling yourself it's no big deal? At first glance the dream looks to me like you are enjoying cheating (no moral judgement, just looking at symbolism) or find happiness in not getting caught?

dreamer54387 wrote:Dream: I dreamt my friend and I were going out with friends from work and I was told I was going to give him a hair cut. I felt perplexed since I am not a hair dresser but I thought I could do it since I’ve cut my kids hair before and I’m pretty good at that. In real life my friend is bald and I remember knowing this in my dream but he had a little hair in the dream. We walk into a salon and He sits in the chair and I put a cape on him and start to cut a little bit of his hair. We are all laughing,talking and feel light hearted when I notice I’m pulling some of his hair instead of cutting it. He and I chuckle and then I wake up. I remember his skin color tan, the smooth of his bald head, how he smells and hearing his laugh.

Significant Life Events: My home, my relationship with my husband and my lover/friend/co-worker.

Background: Female, 47, RN-employed, Hispanic-American

Mental Illness Or Depression: No

Feelings About People: I am attracted to my friend in different ways both physically and emotionally. I respect his work ethic and skills as a nurse. He is older than me, 61. He has a good sense of humor, well liked by everyone, adventurous, likes to travel, very friendly and charismatic. I admire all of these qualities. He calls his wife his “partner” of 20 years, since they are not technically married by a church or court. I call her his wife.

Relationship Status: I am married and working through an affair my husband had several years ago.

When And How Often: I had his dream 2 weeks ago, only once.
chase
Dream Expert

Postby dreamer54387 on January 11th, 2018, 4:47 pm

Thank you for your input. After considering your interpretation I can’t say I’m particularly conflicted about cheating as Our relationship is mostly made up of a friendship rather than a physical affair. We work very well together and have a solid friendship over many years. I just thought maybe the “details” of this would help interpret this dream. I rarely remember my dreams and this seemed so vivid I was intrigued to find out more about its possible meaning. I do find our interaction enjoyable, and we/I openly talk about each other with our spouses. I just wondered what it means to see yourself cutting someone’s hair you care about. I see your observation as having some validity, if our relationship was a solid affair of usual definition.
dreamer54387
Dream Lover

Postby chase on January 12th, 2018, 2:21 am

Hair is the thinking style or the style of "thoughts coming out of your head." Cutting hair is reducing, tapering off, changing, conforming, tidying up the thoughts in some way. You mention that this friend is a lover which why I assumed an affair. Is he a lover?

dreamer54387 wrote:Thank you for your input. After considering your interpretation I can’t say I’m particularly conflicted about cheating as Our relationship is mostly made up of a friendship rather than a physical affair. We work very well together and have a solid friendship over many years. I just thought maybe the “details” of this would help interpret this dream. I rarely remember my dreams and this seemed so vivid I was intrigued to find out more about its possible meaning. I do find our interaction enjoyable, and we/I openly talk about each other with our spouses. I just wondered what it means to see yourself cutting someone’s hair you care about. I see your observation as having some validity, if our relationship was a solid affair of usual definition.
chase
Dream Expert

Postby DreamWeaver on January 12th, 2018, 8:00 am

Hello,

I love this joyful, playful energy in the dream. It is a good image of your relationship with this man. You can see that the man's image and the qualities he represents in your dream are not a "real" reference to him because he doesn't actually have hair. Your dream chose him as an appropriate symbol because of how you feel about him. His image constellates something in you that wants to be realized "in you" - as part of who you are but don't see yet.

The hair is also symbolically related to someone's strength or energy, something considered magically potent in mythology. Think about Delilah cutting Samson's hair. When she did this, she robbed him of his strength. In this case, you are not robbing him of anything, the scene is playful and loving. He goes willingly to the chair. To cut his hair would be taking on some of what you see in him - those qualities you said you admire - and recognizing them as part of who you are as well. At the moment, you only pull on it. Make the psychological cut and see him in yourself also. Pay attention to what you are attracted to in him. Ultimately, what we see and admire in others (and also what we despise), are the qualities in ourselves that we do not yet see.

The dream starts with you going out with friends from work: that's your initial scene. Step out into the world, in fun and at work, own this energy as something you are. Bring it into life.

all the best....
DreamWeaver
Dream Lover

Postby dreamer54387 on January 12th, 2018, 4:35 pm

Hello, thank you for your response. I am interested in your interpretation of my dream. I can see a bigger coorelation between your observation and the one prior to your post. I will keep this in mind!
dreamer54387
Dream Lover

Postby chase on January 12th, 2018, 6:23 pm

Are you trying to change this lover/friend at all? His thinking about life, being with you, or perhaps you are feeling good influencing him? In the dream you are enjoying changing something about him. Whatever the dream is related to it's about changing thinking style (his mood, professional behavior, nicer person, etc??)
chase
Dream Expert

Return to General Dream Discussion