A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   
O   P

Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z   #

dreambible.com • View topic - Destruction and Water

Destruction and Water

Get your dreams interpreted or talk about anything related to dreams. Someone will be around to help you.

Destruction and Water

Postby dreamer54054 on December 3rd, 2017, 9:50 pm

Dream: I was standing at night gazing up at the starts praying to the Lord looking at the majesty of the heavens he has created. I was mad at the Lord for some reason, enough to shake my fist at the sky, asking 'Why?', but why what I do not know. At the moment in my dream were I shook my fist in anger at the Lord I seen the star I was gazing at, in that moment, turn red. The star turning red grabbed my curiosity and I stared at it for I don't know how long. I noticed the red star get bigger and bigger until I realized it was a meteor heading straight for me. I panicked and ran through a suburban area that I didn't know. I was to afraid to look back at where the meteor hit, yet the explosion lit the night up brighter than day. I seen the light reflect off the houses and trees as I ran away from the explosion. I hid behind a brick home when I though the blast would hit. When it did I watched the explosion obliterate everything that wasn't stone or heavy. The dust was everywhere, and I remember seeing people who were injured, tattered, and dust covered try to gather themselves up to figure out what just happened. I ran into my house, not the house I live in now, but maybe a house I have in the future. I knew that with all the dust the water would be shut off or ruined soon, so I filled every vessel I had that could hold water and left the water running in my kitchen sink. As,soon as I filled the last vessel with water I went to the front door and opened the door to see total post apocalyptic destruction outside. The i,side of my home seemed untouched though. I small girl, clothes tattered, blood stained face and hands turned and seen me, and seen the water I had in my home. She came to me and asked if she could have a drink of water. I gladly and compassionately gave her a full cup of water. Others outside sewing this came and lined up to my door, all wanting a drink of my water. At the end of my dream I was using a cup to give people water who all lined up to my door for as far as I could see. Then the dream ended, and when I woke I felt as the dream was so real I can still feel the heat from the meteor explosion on my face. Moat vivid and lucid dream of my life. The people in my dreams were all total strangers, yet the all had faces and I could feel their hurt and hopelessness.

Significant Life Events: Been wondering what I'm to do with the life I have. To better mankind is my goal, yet the restraints of the world makes my efforts at times seen sinceless, yet my heart yearns for the people of this world, to see what I see.

Background: I'm a 40 year old man raised in the mountains of east TN. I own my own business which is a tire shop. I am a follow of Jesus Christ, not a 'Christian'. I am a mix of many ethnic backgrounds, mainly german, Dutch, Irish, and Cherokee Indian.

Mental Illness Or Depression: No mental illness, depression would stem from situation, situations changes, depression leaves.

Location: East Tennessee. From the Tri Cities to Knoxville I consider my stomping grounds.

Feelings About People: The people in my dream were all strangers. Even the place was strange to me as if its in the future, at a future place and time.

Relationship Status: Im single, do date, but only looking for that person who is on the same spiritual level as i am.

When And How Often: It occurred about 2 to 3 years ago when I was struggling with coming off a medication I was addicted to. Was a hard time at that time for me. I know now where the 'Why?' in my dream comes from now. Yet I would really enjoy a interpretation of this dream, especially since its a dream I can't forget and was more real that being awake.
dreamer54054
Dream Lover

Re: Destruction and Water

Postby chase on December 10th, 2017, 6:16 pm

If you had this dream while recovering from prescription drug addiction then it makes a lot of sense.

First, you shake your fist at God and ask why?? A star turns red and gets bigger. That sounds like a symbol for how dangerous it felt to need be perfectly sober or the growing awe of why you feel you might die. Stars represent being perfect or even your amazement that God would make you endure this. Red symbolizes dangerous or passionately dangerous. Lots of destruction and explosions is emotional chaos and problems related to the drug addiction or things you are more bothered by than normal because the drug addiction is such a dominant priority.

The dream ends with you doing everything to deal with too much water and then eventually a nice little girl shows up to ask you for water. Water problems are problems with uncertainty or not knowing what to do. I wonder if this entire dream is a metaphorical story of your feelings about enduring the addiction. First anger at God at needing to get sober, then struggling with the addiction, and then finally accepting to do what you need to do to get perfectly sober.

I wonder if the dream was actually intuitively telling you that you are worried too much about believing you are not eventually going to get over the medication addiction. Think of the movie Noah and the dream scene. Your dream is similar in function telling a metaphorical story about what is coming and eventually getting over the addiction.
chase
Dream Expert

Return to General Dream Discussion