A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   
O   P

Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z   #

dreambible.com • View topic - I held a Raven

I held a Raven

Get your dreams interpreted or talk about anything related to dreams. Someone will be around to help you.

I held a Raven

Postby EssentialPearl on February 2nd, 2013, 4:44 am

My husband woke up to let the cat out.... I woke up, briefly, then went back to sleep.

I dreamt, I was sleeping. I heard noises in my workroom. I woke up and asked my husband whether he could hear anything. I cocked my head to one side and said, "the cat, she's brought something in". I tried to get out of bed to retrieve the poor creature but my husband was sluggish in moving out of the way.

I went to my workroom, followed by my husband and I could still hear noises. I opened the door, reached into the darkness and was lucky enough to grab my cat's tail, which enabled me to pick her up. I passed the cat to my husband telling him to shut the door behind me. The room was dark, for some reason I used a small lamp instead of the main lights. I could hear the rustling, but couldnt see anything. I moved a few things gently out of the way and saw a large black bird in a slight state of panic.

I reached forward and gently but firmly grasped the bird in both hands. It didn't struggle, it didn't peck me, it felt as though he knew I could be trusted. When I came out of the room I said to my husband," I've never seen a Crow so close up before". He replied, "that's a Raven, it's not big enough to be a Crow".

By this time my son had awoke and followed me downstairs as I headed for the kitchen. I went outside and the bird started to struggle a little as it sensed its' freedom was soon to come. I opened my hands and the Raven flew over to the hedge, stood for a while then crowed like at cockerell then flew off to a group of others Ravens waiting on a roof in the distance. My son questioned why the Raven had made such a noise, I told him that he must be the head of the group.

I felt as though I had made a bound with this bird, I understood him and he understood me. I came in and grabbed some bread, broke it up and placed it on the hedge, wherein the whole group swooped down and fed. The End

Looking for meanings about a Raven usually portends to a death; physical or leaving an old life behind; or some sort of betrayal. As the Raven wasn't scary do the meanings still fit?
EssentialPearl
Dream Lover

Return to General Dream Discussion