A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   
O   P

Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z   #

dreambible.com • View topic - Beckoned by woman within endless mansion

Beckoned by woman within endless mansion

Get your dreams interpreted or talk about anything related to dreams. Someone will be around to help you.

Beckoned by woman within endless mansion

Postby dreamer52317 on June 27th, 2017, 10:58 pm

Dream: Throughout the years, I've had multiple dreams within the same setting, best described as the Winchester Mystery House as reinterpreted by M.C. Escher - an endless labyrinth of staircases, passageways, and platforms, suspended over a bottomless, yawning void. It's impossible to distinguish up from down, or even left from right. It doesn't seem to follow the laws of geometry or physics. Additionally, there are giant flat-screen TVs floating everywhere.

Different dreams involve different parts of the mansion, but the overall impression is always the same. In every occurrence, there is a girl/woman in white, waiting there for me. I don't remember any of our conversations, but the gist is that this place is a timeless fantasy world that exists wherever I look expecting to find something hidden. The woman's age and role vary depending on my age. As a child, she is a playmate. A little later, she is a babysitter. During my teen years, she became a voluptuous woman. Whatever the form, a few details are always the same. She wears the same, plain white dress, and has long, straight blonde hair. In the dreams, she always seems the prettiest thing I've ever seen. She exudes an aura of comfort, understanding, and love, and seems to wait, endlessly, in her dimension for me to find her again. Each time I go, the longer I stay, and she tells me (really, we communicate through telepathic sensations, rather than words) that I can stay with her forever if I want, and that doing so entails following her through a doorway to the unknown. She almost seems pleading, desperate to get me to come with her.

In one dream, I enter the path to her realm through the filter at my aunt's pool, and ascend a staircase to find the woman. While I'm between worlds, my relatives enter as well and look for me to bring me back. I don't want to go back, and she finds me and comforts me while I cry into her chest. The adults cannot enter, finding only a dead end. Again, she urges me to follow her, that she will never grow tired of me and can be whatever I need.

In the final dream, she is gone. I ascend a staircase to find her when a different female voice calls to me. 'Don’t go. It's dangerous. She's not what she seems.' Suddenly scared, I follow the voice out of the mansion. The TVS literally roar to life behind me in palpable rage. Before I pass through the exit, I catch a last glimpse of her behind me. She seems paler and smaller. She's reaching out to me, and her eyes are heartbroken. That is the last one in the series that I remember.

Significant Life Events: Varied. This is a reoccurring dream I've experienced roughly between the ages of 6 and 14.

I feel disconnected from the person I was. I have my childhood self's memories, but no sense of actually having been that person. I feel emotionally numb, like an empty shell wearing a mask. I don't know how to deal with the fleeting nature of time, watching what I thought were constants slowly slip away. It ultimately feels like I only exist as an actual being in my subconscious. I also have a strained relationship with my parents and with people in general. I'm an observer of life, rather than a participant.

Background: I am 20 years old, male, white, and employed with a carpet cleaning business.

Mental Illness Or Depression: I have OCD and a history of depression

Feelings About People: I don't have much of a relationship with my relatives. Some of them liked me as a kid, but we grew apart when I developed my own personality and realized they didn't care about me beyond being a little kid.

Relationship Status: Single

When And How Often: Throughout my life, between ages 6-14.
dreamer52317
Dream Lover

Re: Beckoned by woman within endless mansion

Postby chase on December 28th, 2017, 7:51 am

The Escher house I wonder if it reflects your childhood feelings that nothing is ever going to stay the same? You said the dreamed occurred from ages 6 to 14, not current. Lots of parenting or schooling never letting you have predictability or stability? Feeling that nothing ever makes sense or your think life situation is never going to work normal that is obvious to you, but not others? Different people expecting or wanting different things from you thinking nobody else is ever going to understand you or be reasonable with you? Wasting your time feeling important when you were young? Frustration or fear that you can't do what other people ask of you, but they keep asking you anyway?

dreamer52317 wrote:Dream: Throughout the years, I've had multiple dreams within the same setting, best described as the Winchester Mystery House as reinterpreted by M.C. Escher - an endless labyrinth of staircases, passageways, and platforms, suspended over a bottomless, yawning void. It's impossible to distinguish up from down, or even left from right. It doesn't seem to follow the laws of geometry or physics. Additionally, there are giant flat-screen TVs floating everywhere.

Different dreams involve different parts of the mansion, but the overall impression is always the same. In every occurrence, there is a girl/woman in white, waiting there for me. I don't remember any of our conversations, but the gist is that this place is a timeless fantasy world that exists wherever I look expecting to find something hidden. The woman's age and role vary depending on my age. As a child, she is a playmate. A little later, she is a babysitter. During my teen years, she became a voluptuous woman. Whatever the form, a few details are always the same. She wears the same, plain white dress, and has long, straight blonde hair. In the dreams, she always seems the prettiest thing I've ever seen. She exudes an aura of comfort, understanding, and love, and seems to wait, endlessly, in her dimension for me to find her again. Each time I go, the longer I stay, and she tells me (really, we communicate through telepathic sensations, rather than words) that I can stay with her forever if I want, and that doing so entails following her through a doorway to the unknown. She almost seems pleading, desperate to get me to come with her.

In one dream, I enter the path to her realm through the filter at my aunt's pool, and ascend a staircase to find the woman. While I'm between worlds, my relatives enter as well and look for me to bring me back. I don't want to go back, and she finds me and comforts me while I cry into her chest. The adults cannot enter, finding only a dead end. Again, she urges me to follow her, that she will never grow tired of me and can be whatever I need.

In the final dream, she is gone. I ascend a staircase to find her when a different female voice calls to me. 'Don’t go. It's dangerous. She's not what she seems.' Suddenly scared, I follow the voice out of the mansion. The TVS literally roar to life behind me in palpable rage. Before I pass through the exit, I catch a last glimpse of her behind me. She seems paler and smaller. She's reaching out to me, and her eyes are heartbroken. That is the last one in the series that I remember.

Significant Life Events: Varied. This is a reoccurring dream I've experienced roughly between the ages of 6 and 14.

I feel disconnected from the person I was. I have my childhood self's memories, but no sense of actually having been that person. I feel emotionally numb, like an empty shell wearing a mask. I don't know how to deal with the fleeting nature of time, watching what I thought were constants slowly slip away. It ultimately feels like I only exist as an actual being in my subconscious. I also have a strained relationship with my parents and with people in general. I'm an observer of life, rather than a participant.

Background: I am 20 years old, male, white, and employed with a carpet cleaning business.

Mental Illness Or Depression: I have OCD and a history of depression

Feelings About People: I don't have much of a relationship with my relatives. Some of them liked me as a kid, but we grew apart when I developed my own personality and realized they didn't care about me beyond being a little kid.

Relationship Status: Single

When And How Often: Throughout my life, between ages 6-14.
chase
Dream Expert

Postby DreamWeaver on December 29th, 2017, 4:07 am

Too bad this dream was posted so long ago...it's amazing. I only saw it because Chase posted a reply.

This dream is an image for the underlying, unconscious processes which influence your conscious life.
Whenever clients present such vivid childhood dreams, we can be almost certain that the dream is an indication of the challenges he or she will face in adulthood. I always look at those challenges as the lifelong path to self-realization.
Given your association with the Winchester house, we have to look at the specifics of that house. Sarah Winchester built that house out of profound desperation and grief caused by the death of her daughter, followed by her husband, William, the man who designed and built the Winchester rifle. She consulted a medium about how to bear her suffering, who told her that she would bear both the suffering and wrath of all those who lost their lives due to the gun her husband built. In short, she was told to make herself attractive to kind spirits and keep the “evil ones” at bay. Her solution was to build that house: stairs that lead nowhere, labyrinthine passageways, doors that open into walls, etc. While the house has some beautiful qualities, it was really built out of madness. The woman was out of touch.

A house is a symbol for our whole situation in life: our attitude toward life and our means of psychological adaptation to it. Psychologically speaking, the image of you in this house is an image for your attitude toward life and your adaptation to it.
The bottomless, yawning void, I would say, is an image for the depression. Depression is just that. When a person falls into it, it is just like falling into the void – pure blackness, impossible to distinguish anything. It is a good description for the hopeless states of depression. This is part of your challenge in life. Be aware of that void and try to recognize when it’s pulling you.

I can say that anyone who gets that close to the void and comes out of it transformed instead of destroyed, has an understanding about life and its meaning that not many people have. It’s a both a tremendous burden and bountiful gift.

In the woman, we have an image of what’s pulling you into these states: a female personification of it – a sort of siren or nixie that fascinates you. It is this “timeless fantasy” child/woman who calls you into this confusing place – a place where you feel lost and no one can reach you. I have seen this in many depressed clients.

C.G. Jung said these images, “infatuate the lonely wanderer and lead him astray”. This is an archetypal image, hence its tremendous power to pull you in. Think of the Odyssey or Jason and the Argonauts: when the men fall under the spell of the Sirens, they flung themselves into the waters (symbol of the unconscious) and perished (loss of ego). This kind of thing causes a person to lose touch with the external world – hence your feelings of being an observer instead of a participant.
Everything you say about this figure points to you getting lost if you follow her. She’s quite seductive – promising to be whatever you need.

However, you are warned by another feminine voice. This one to me seems more trustworthy. She says, “don’t trust her”. I would echo that sentiment.

I have to question your perception of your relationship with your family. I don’t know you or your situation, but given the imagery of them entering this house in order to find you – I’d say there is a chance they do care, but maybe you don’t see it. The dream imagery depicts their inability to penetrate that house, i.e., you in that “lost” state.

The televisions are something I’d look into. How much do you watch it? Is it another form of escapism?

It is very good that you have a business. Be sure to anchor yourself in that. It’s a good connection to the external world. I’d say don’t get so comfortable in it that you do it unconsciously. Be very mindful of your work. This will help with the feelings of life’s fleeting nature.

Find more ways to connect with the world around you. If you have nature nearby – go into it. If you can get your hands in the dirt and dig – do that. But always be sure that you don’t fall into fantasy. Stay present with the world around you. Animate it with your attention and it might come to life.

all the best...
DreamWeaver
Dream Lover

Postby dreamer52317 on January 12th, 2018, 4:00 pm

Hello. Sorry I never responded, I only just remembered I was signed up with this site. It feels great having people interpret this after years of wondering.
dreamer52317
Dream Lover

Return to General Dream Discussion